1.    #1  
    I just posted an almost identical message on the 650 forum, so excuse me to those who follow both. I'm posting to both because I now have the same problem on my new 700p.

The problem I'm about to describe exists on my 650. When I got the 700p I transfered my messages database file because I did not want to lose all of my chat threads. However, I'm now experiencing the exact same problem on my 700p.

When I'm in the messaging application it always reports that there is one new message more than I have. So if there are 20 total messages, and three are new, it will say (4/20). Even if there are no new messages it will always show that there is one new message (1/20).

Now that I've learned how to check errors (##377#), I've noticed that just about every time my Treo resets the cuase is "A reset was caused on M/D/Y at hh:mm while running "Messaging": Fatal Exception." I suspect this may have something to do with the phantom text message. The resets are far more frequent on the 700p then they were on the 650.

Looks to me like my message database is corrupted. Any suggestions on how to fix this short of deleting my message database file? If that is the only way, are there any tools for extracting the data from the file to a PC or Mac so that I can archive it? Any tools that will allow me to selectively copy specific chat threads from the old database to the new one?

Thanks in advance.
    hmmm i think your only choice is to delete the database , your going to continue to have these problems if you dont, even if you find some program to edit it, how would you know wich message is the one causin the problems?