1.    #1  
    First time pTunes user. Search came up with one post but was two years old.
    I've followed the instructios on page 216 in the Sprint Treo 700p user manual.
    Attemtped to sync 7 songs from Windows Media on my laptop to the Treo.
    When I sync, one song comes over, rest fail.
    FileZ indicates the one song that synced is still in a wma format.
    I asume the failed songs were a result of not being in a mp3 format and the first one snucked in.
    How do I convert the wma format songs to mp3? Can Windows Media do that before I sync so do I have to get a third app to convert?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    if im not mistaken PT deluxe plays WMA's
    dbpoweramp (search google) is freeware and will convert music between many formats. However, as rick2203 mentioned, PT Deluxe does play wma.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  4.    #4  
    Tks guys. I think about those suggestions.
    So I assume Windows Media Player won't convert?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    my wife had this same issue.. All of her music was WMA. The Ptunes in the ROM would not play them. Not sure if everyone else upgraded and if that is the version that will play the WMA... the one we have does not. In WMP's preferences, change the default format for ripping to MP3 and then rerip your music. That is what she did.. (her collection was not very large.)
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Tks guys. I think about those suggestions.
    So I assume Windows Media Player won't convert?
    TIA
    In Windows Media Player:

Tools>Plugins>Windows Audio Converter

This will let you convert your wma files to mp3 and vice versa. I don't think it'll convert protected wma's though.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    In Windows Media Player:

Tools>Plugins>Windows Audio Converter

This will let you convert your wma files to mp3 and vice versa. I don't think it'll convert protected wma's though.
    Tks for the info Trevante.
    I'm using Window Media Player 11 beta and the "tools' section is not the same. In fact I don't see "Windows Audio Conveter" anywhere. Hopefully I figure it out.

Nevertherless, after being on the pTunes web site I discovered the following which explains the sync problem:

"Important note about Windows Media Player 11 beta: We are aware of several problems with Windows Media Player 11 beta that causes synchronization with Pocket Tunes to work incorrectly in many cases. We ask that all customers refrain from updating to Windows Media Player 11 until we have added it to our compatibility statement."

Tks for your help.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Well there's a program called dbpoweramp that will let you convert to MP3, but it's not free though. Otherwise, I'd just suggest switching back to Windows Media Player 10.
    Tks for the info Trevante.
    I'm using Window Media Player 11 beta and the "tools' section is not the same. In fact I don't see "Windows Audio Conveter" anywhere. Hopefully I figure it out.

Nevertherless, after being on the pTunes web site I discovered the following which explains the sync problem:

"Important note about Windows Media Player 11 beta: We are aware of several problems with Windows Media Player 11 beta that causes synchronization with Pocket Tunes to work incorrectly in many cases. We ask that all customers refrain from updating to Windows Media Player 11 until we have added it to our compatibility statement."

Tks for your help.
    Sadly, you cannot seem to DOWNGRADE to the not beta version. I made the mistake of getting the 11 beta before I got the T700 and now cannot go the other way. I am open to suggestions if anyone knows how to downgrade short of a system restore.

Regards,

Jim
    Converting files from wma to mp3 is easy using a variety of programs, many available for free. However, transcoding from one lossy format to another will result in degredation of the sound quality. If that is important to you, I would suggest reripping.
  11.    #11  
    It seems that if I upgrade to the Deluxe ($25) I will able to play wma files. Of course now it seems I'll have to wait until WM 11 is release from beta since there's conflicts with syncing. Not a big deal for me.
    Is there an annual fee involed with pTunes Deluxe?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    It seems that if I upgrade to the Deluxe ($25) I will able to play wma files. Of course now it seems I'll have to wait until WM 11 is release from beta since there's conflicts with syncing. Not a big deal for me.
    Is there an annual fee involed with pTunes Deluxe?
    TIA
    No annual fee.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    No annual fee.
    Tks NRG
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover