Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just got the new prl rev file but I don't know how to update. I tried dialing ##775# on my treo but nothing happened. Anyone know how to do this? I'll post the file if you tell me how!
    sorry...don't know how to update it from a file. what is the latest evdo prl?
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    sorry...don't know how to update it from a file. what is the latest evdo prl?
    Do you want the file?
    Chazzan I didn't know you could update it like that either, can you pass it on or post it?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Here you go. Let me know if you can make anything happen out of it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I think the only way to updated a PRL using the computer is by using tools that the Sprint techs use. You can download some of the programs and you have to have your treo connected to the computer through usb or serial cable, but it's not easy or for amateurs - or not for fairly knowledgeable people either.

The best way is to call *2 and ask for it, even though you usually have to do it twice, it should download Over the Air (OTA as sprint calls it) to your phone.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    I think the only way to updated a PRL using the computer is by using tools that the Sprint techs use. You can download some of the programs and you have to have your treo connected to the computer through usb or serial cable, but it's not easy or for amateurs - or not for fairly knowledgeable people either.

The best way is to call *2 and ask for it, even though you usually have to do it twice, it should download Over the Air (OTA as sprint calls it) to your phone.
    Ok. Have you checked out this thread? http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74699
    Seems like people can do it easily by typing in ##775# with a ppc 6700. Guess that just doesn't work with a treo.

I called sprint and did what you suggested but my prl shows the same old number in my phone info: 20221
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan
    Ok. Have you checked out this thread? http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74699
    Seems like people can do it easily by typing in ##775# with a ppc 6700. Guess that just doesn't work with a treo.

I called sprint and did what you suggested but my prl shows the same old number in my phone info: 20221
    I had not seen that thread, thank you for pointing it out to me.

I don't think that is possible on the treo to load the file, to my knowledge.

I just called and asked for a PRL update, the rep said your update is complete although that's not how it works (and that didn't work). What they do is flag your account so that when you call *2 back it says here at Sprint, we have realized there is an update available for your phone, please wait while it downloads.
    you can also request that it be done via their web site. They will send you an email the next day saying to press *2 to update. A lot better that sitting on the phone and waiting for a CS rep.

Just ask them to flag you tel number for the latest prl update.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    you can also request that it be done via their web site. They will send you an email the next day saying to press *2 to update. A lot better that sitting on the phone and waiting for a CS rep.

Just ask them to flag you tel number for the latest prl update.
    Good Luck
    Where is that feature buried?
    What I want to know is what the changes are.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Yeah, I don't get it, I thought I did everything right but my prl number is still the old one. Let me know if anyone gets this to work. Look in phone info under prl rev: should be 20222 not 20221
    I think OTA prl update is not working. I got both of ours flagged by a csr and the don't update when I call back. I called in again and she verified that they are flagged and said I may have to go into the sprint store to get the prl update.

My ppc 6700 had the same prl issue. I wonder if this is an EVDO issue.

Has anyone successfully had their 700P flagged by a phone rep and updated via *2?

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ALooneyGuy
    Where is that feature buried?
    http://www1.sprintpcs.com/learn/for...ic_question.jsp

Asked for a PRL update. You'll get should emailed response within 24.

This was from another thread earlier this year but I lost the link to the thread.-I did not uncover this.

good luck

Update: Malatesta found this: here's the original link:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ght=prl+update
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I think OTA prl update is not working. I got both of ours flagged by a csr and the don't update when I call back. I called in again and she verified that they are flagged and said I may have to go into the sprint store to get the prl update.

My ppc 6700 had the same prl issue. I wonder if this is an EVDO issue.

Has anyone successfully had their 700P flagged by a phone rep and updated via *2?

thanks!

any takers?
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    What's up with the treo not being capable of updating its prl and a windows mobile phone doable?
    What's up with the treo not being capable of updating its prl and a windows mobile phone doable?
    gotta have your msl code on wm...FYI
    my phone currently flagged for PRL update, but nothing happens. Got the same response: "Please go to Sprint store and have the techs look at."
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    gotta have your msl code on wm...FYI
    Yeah, but once you have that all you have to do is dial ##775# (##PRL#), enter MSL and search for file. Oh well, it can't be THAT amazing of an update to really anticipate it. Although, I would take anything that makes my 700p any faster than it is right now. It's horrendously slow.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Yeah, but once you have that all you have to do is dial ##775# (##PRL#), enter MSL and search for file.
    ##PRL# doesn't work on my Sprint Treo
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast