Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I just updated my PRL rev to 20222...easy as cake.
    at&t iPhone3G
    called *2 and update was there. phone updated successfully. ##786 shows PRL version# 20222.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogv6
    called *2 and update was there. phone updated successfully. ##786 shows PRL version# 20222.
    Phone info, under options shows you the same thing so you don't have to dial ##786#
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I just updated my PRL rev to 20222...easy as cake.
    yeah mine's worked finally without problems now, they must've fixed the problem with the network finally because i was trying for the last two weeks with no success.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    yeah mine's worked finally without problems now, they must've fixed the problem with the network finally because i was trying for the last two weeks with no success.
    That is exactly what I am thinking...too many geeks having a problem with a simple update.
    at&t iPhone3G
    my prl worked also wow.
    I read the screen it says programming in progress stl
    ota in progress
    then it said completed
    yes after 2 weeks it worked...................
    my prl rev 20222
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Yup, finally worked for me as well. Leave it to Sprint to be so late on this.
    I'm PRLed as well. Did the email thing to ecare@cc.sprintpcs.com
    You need to included the tel number, account holders name and account address and email address that is on record with Sprint.

They got back to me within a few hours to let me know my phone was flagged.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I'm currently on 20222. I emailed ecare@cc.sprintpcs.com. Who are you guys emailing?

i sent an email with my phone # to this email address and got a respond back within 2 hrs, and got my email saying pls call *2 and boom got my prl update over the air. thanks aznmode
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I must catch the people that know nothing. Everybody I kept getting kept telling me I had the latest PRL (Despite it being 20221 and not 20222). Eventually when I dialed *2 my phone updated. Waiting to get my wife's updated next. I really really really preferred Verizon's *228 update a lot more, a lot less hassle...oh well.
    I called Palm and asked about a PRL update - never heard of it before myself. I knoew about the *2 updates on other phones just did not know what to call'em. They advised me there were PRL updates in specific markets, but not everywhere. I've begun to note that many of these sites like this one can cause problems - if everyone is calling Palm then there is no one to answer the phones for really good questions. :-) Because this issue does not apply to everyone apparently. So not everyone needs to call about updates. I should have written down the markets the guy rattled off on the phone. None were remotely close to me.
    nyc, i called *2 asked them for the prl update. lady told me to call back in 15 minutes. I did, and the update worked. Neat.

Now what the heck did this update do?
    Quote Originally Posted by mopcodes
    I called Palm and asked about a PRL update - never heard of it before myself. I knoew about the *2 updates on other phones just did not know what to call'em. They advised me there were PRL updates in specific markets, but not everywhere. I've begun to note that many of these sites like this one can cause problems - if everyone is calling Palm then there is no one to answer the phones for really good questions. :-) Because this issue does not apply to everyone apparently. So not everyone needs to call about updates. I should have written down the markets the guy rattled off on the phone. None were remotely close to me.
    Are you calling and talking to customer service?...they definitely don't know depending on who you get. Call tech support...the guy hooked me up before I could finish my sentence.
    at&t iPhone3G
    This PRL pretty much will make Alltel preferred over Verizon for roaming.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I called Palm and asked about a PRL update
    Calling Palm about a PRL update is kinda like calling Ford and asking about the latest Rand McNally road atlas...
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Calling Palm about a PRL update is kinda like calling Ford and asking about the latest Rand McNally road atlas...
    I agree with CS, but tech support has helped me the couple of times I called with no issues...nock on wood.
    at&t iPhone3G
    If this was a test...you would have failed.

PRL Update (preferred roaming list) comes from the carrier.
    It tells your phone which towers to look for.
    Has nothing to do with palm.

You are the only person I have ever heard of calling palm about a PRL update so I don't think we are clogging there phones.

Forums like these are important so that users know when there is a PRL update. Your phone will not get flagged on its own. Call *2 and ask them to flag your phone for the latest PRL update. Takes about three minutes.
    Call back and let the update proceed. All of this information was already in this thread.

BTW...I know you're joking. You didn't really call palm for the PRL update did you
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I called *2 and got the update without ever being flagged.
    On my 3rd 700p.......
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    If this was a test...you would have failed.

BTW...I know you're joking. You didn't really call palm for the PRL update did you
    lol...
    at&t iPhone3G
    I called, took a minute to set up. I hung up and called right back and got updated.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast