Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by circpro
    I just updated to 20222 successfully.

It took about 25 minutes from when I received the email from CS for it to update via *2
    just fyi, 20223 PRL is coming out "in a few weeks" (from the source who gave us 20222).

hopefully this will enable the Alltel data roaming for evdo.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I just sent them an email for my update, hopefully it works for me.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Finally got an email from them, pressed *2 and bamm! I got the update, no problems at all.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Finally got an email from them, pressed *2 and bamm! I got the update, no problems at all.
    I was emailed as well but going through *2 has done nothing for me. Did the update start right after you selected your language?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    To those of you who have been able to successfully update your PRL; have you noticed any improvements with the operation of the phone or with EVDO speeds?

Jeff
    Chazzan, after you choose you language, It Will Say We Noticed You Need To Update Software, then it will tell you it will take 60 seconds. Weird thing is I did it via Speakerphone and at the same time on the screen it was telling me it was downloading, opening, adding download. Then I hung up, the Treo froze a few seconds, then I checked the PRL, & it was updated. If it don't work, call them back, & ask to speak to a coverage tech..good luck!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Any updates on the people who CANT update?

Did you go to the sprint store?

Mine doesnt seem to be working either.
    The updating issue appears to be a problem for some people, and not just on the Treo 700p. I have a Samsung A900 that also will not update OTA. Aoaorntly it's an issue with EVDO phones.

I'm probably just going to wait for 20223, as I'll most likely need to go to a Sprint store for an update anyway. As it stands, a PRL update really only updates the list of preferred roaming carriers, and for EVDO phones, updates the list of markets where EVDO service is available (this is why there are two different sets of PRLs for EVDO and 1xRTT devices). Unless Sprint royally screws up the rpogramming of a previous PRL, downlading a new one will NOT improve functionailty or speeds, as the PRL has nothing to do with firmware.
    where did you email to ? im with sprint and would like to try this
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    thank you
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    No problem....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I emailed Sprint about getting my PRL updated, got the email back saying my phone was flagged for a PRL update, but when I dial *2 and press 1 for English, I get no PRL update. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALooneyGuy
    I emailed Sprint about getting my PRL updated, got the email back saying my phone was flagged for a PRL update, but when I dial *2 and press 1 for English, I get no PRL update. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    I guess you didn't read this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I guess you didn't read this thread.
    Actually, I've been reading this post since it began. I think my ADD kicked in and I didn't remember some stuff I read 5 or 6 days ago, but thanks for your helpful solution anyway
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I have completely given up on updating this freaking prl. I'm convinced it wouldn't be that profitable anyway. I'll do it at a Sprint store one of these days when I'm completely bored out of my mind.
    Chazzan, good luck with the Sprint Store trip. I tried the phone, email, but nothing work for my Treo. I was on the phone with Advanced Tech from Sprint for more than an hour, then they told me to go to Sprint store. I took my phone to 3, YES, THREE different Sprint stores. The Sprint technicians told me that they have NO TOOLS to update my PRL. It HAD to do OTA.

I'm tired of this Sprint biz not getting their act together on this. Just waiting out for the time being.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huytrang90
    Chazzan, good luck with the Sprint Store trip. I tried the phone, email, but nothing work for my Treo. I was on the phone with Advanced Tech from Sprint for more than an hour, then they told me to go to Sprint store. I took my phone to 3, YES, THREE different Sprint stores. The Sprint technicians told me that they have NO TOOLS to update my PRL. It HAD to do OTA.

I'm tired of this Sprint biz not getting their act together on this. Just waiting out for the time being.
    That's just poor. Maybe I won't even go. Thanks for the tip.
    I got the email back, called *2, said I needed a software update, it was going to connect me to someone, I hung up, then noticed the phone was off. When it came back on I was at 20222. YMMV
    yep.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'm a brand new Treo user and found this group by chance through Google. I've just emailed ecare for an update. But seriously, if it wasn't for this place, I wouldn't have a PRL update, cool freeware, speed enhancements, good Lord, just about everything.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast