Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by cfralick
    I have a few that I'd like to push.

2. Graspeedy
    this doesn't work with my plat. anyone else have this prob? i find that it makes a lot of my small letters into caps. loved it so much when i had the dlx though. i registered it and now can't use it.

mensa
  2.    #22  
    So far, so good. No crashes and only a few oddities that I have yet to explore further. What I'm most curious about right now is I guess the ultimate hack: overclocking. Specifically, I found ClockupDA (not a hack, but close enough for my purposes, and FREE!) and for the 15 seconds I chose to run it before I chickened out, it seemed to boost AvantGo's load time without immediately trashing anything. Nonetheless, I quickly downshifted back to 16 MHz as I value the life of my VDX too much. Anyone care to comfort me with their experiences of why I should go back to over-clocking, and what the ideal MHz setting is for a VDX? I don't have Liberty, so AvantGo is my biggest speed-drain at this point...
    "So God created evil so that we'd all be really impressed when he fixed it? Sounds like Microsoft."
    - ****-richardson
    *Afterburner Hack (I'm using the orig v2.0)
    *MagicText Hack (part of MagicText - fabulous text editing tools, worth the $)
    *PrivateHack (eliminates the pop-up when marking records private)
    *NoStreakHack (the new Afterburner, shareware, includes this functionality)
    *Swipe! (gives multiple swipe motions for the built in swipe options, also a DA launcher)

Also (already mentioned in posts)
    3AlarmHack
    FindHack (great!)
    ClearHack
    Steve
    "Gort, Klatu verada nictu."
    Here's a list of what's on my VDX:

Hacks:
    - App/DA Launcher (I almost don't use the launcher anymore)
    - PowerLaunch
    - MiddleCapsHack
    - MenuHack
    - Daylight Savings Hack
    - SafeHack
    - HackDelete Hack
    - SelectTime Hack

DAs:
    - acGraffiti Ref (pop up Graffiti reference)
    - acDate Clock (pop up clock and date)
    - CalCal (simple calculator)
    - ClockupDA (I set it at 26MHz and forgot I have it )
    - daMemoPad (pop up Memo)
    - IrSwitch (switches beam receive on/off)
    - SHChanger DA (show/hide private records)
    - ToUpperDA (change a work to uppercase)
    - VolumeDA (change volume settings)
    I would like to add TrekSounds to the list.

I was looking for the crash hack but came up with 129 entries on PalmGear. Could someone provide a link?
    Here's the link for Crash on Palmgear:

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...24&prodID=8623
    Originally posted by mensachicken

this doesn't work with my plat. anyone else have this prob? i find that it makes a lot of my small letters into caps. loved it so much when i had the dlx though. i registered it and now can't use it.

mensa

Interesting... I just upgraded to a platinum and haven't experienced any problems. I would try downloading it again.
    "We are the people are parents warned us about."

<b>Clark Fralick</b>
    i only run afterburner 3.0t hack and ondigi (so my digitizer doesnt get off any when i reset) and i have only one DA to see where my digitizer is and if its off any, i dont recall the name
    please excuse the ignorance, but what is afterburner and where do you get it?
    Afterburner is an overclocking hack. You can get it at Palmgear, both the original freeware and the updated shareware.
    Steve
    "Gort, Klatu verada nictu."
  11.    #31  
    Lost all this moments ago (my fault; good discussion moderator, don't bite!)

So far, I've found that:

1) If you have X-Master, you don't need HackDelete hack (has same functionality built in)

2) Keyboard hack crashed my VDX when I had my Stowaway connected; since my handwriting is much like Graffiti anyway (childlike, blocky letters) I don't really need this one, so I ditched it.

3) MultiClip hack needs to be configured carefully (try triggering it with a swipe on the right side of the graffiti area - find to calc - since McPhling Hack uses the left side as well) I originally thought Check-In was divulging my secret password on occasion because I haven't registered yet, but I was just activating my clipboard list. Duh.

4) YOU NEED TO OWN A BACKUP MODULE, AND USE IT FREQUENTLY WHEN PLAYING WITH HACKS! Luckily, I had mine ready when Browse-It decided to really mess up my VDX, just this short of a complete hard reset.

Nobody's shared their overclocking secrets yet, so I'll just have to start a different thread. This one's still got legs, so keep on posting! Thanks everyone!
    "So God created evil so that we'd all be really impressed when he fixed it? Sounds like Microsoft."
    - ****-richardson
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12