View Poll Results: Is the Pocket Tunes Upgrade Worth it?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 82.14%
  • No

5 17.86%
  1.    #1  
    My trial subscription to Pocket Tunes Deluxe has run out. I've been using Pocket Tunes to listen to MP3 files that I transferred to my Treo via Media Player and streaming Jazz music stations from ShoutCast.

Contrary to what I've found searching the forums for reasons to upgrade, I have been able stream live radio since the deluxe version expiration.

I don't anticipate any other uses for the program and don't plan on subcribing to Sirius, XM, or any of the subscription music services.

Is there anything left that would make it worth my money to buy the upgrade?

wil
    You can stream with the non-upgraded version? Well, if that's true, I wouldn't upgrade (contrary to my vote above).
    I believe the non upgrade version do not have graphic equalizer and doesnt have the ability to choose different skins.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Are you sure you are streaming in pocket-tunes. Because Kinoma will still stream in audio even if you don't upgrade to pocket-tunes. The problem with Kinoma is the interface is terrible and you can't turn the screen off and still stream.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Are you sure you are streaming in pocket-tunes. Because Kinoma will still stream in audio even if you don't upgrade to pocket-tunes. The problem with Kinoma is the interface is terrible and you can't turn the screen off and still stream.
    That's a good point. It might be kinoma.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    You're correct. It is using Kimona. But it is my understanding that Pocket Tunes Deluxe will also use Kimona for those same stations (formats).
    Quote Originally Posted by wrspoon
    You're correct. It is using Kimona. But it is my understanding that Pocket Tunes Deluxe will also use Kimona for those same stations (formats).
    No true. Pocket Tunes will play the stream and you will be able to turn the screen off / use other apps, while the music is streaming.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    No true. Pocket Tunes will play the stream and you will be able to turn the screen off / use other apps, while the music is streaming.
    Well then that's a feature I may have overlooked. I might have to reconsider. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrspoon
    Well then that's a feature I may have overlooked. I might have to reconsider. Thanks.
    I dont' know how much you travel, but one of the best features of the treo is its ability to stream audio while the screen is off. I can listen to my home town NPR station as a get ready in the morning in a hotel room on the other side of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer View Post
    I dont' know how much you travel, but one of the best features of the treo is its ability to stream audio while the screen is off. I can listen to my home town NPR station as a get ready in the morning in a hotel room on the other side of the country.
    I didnt know people listened to NPR I guess taken my tax money to promote political agenda's is ok. (sarcasm)

I know there is a way to keep your screen on but is there a program that will turn off the screen.
    Ymeagle

Treo 700p Sprint Favorite apps in order: phone, navigator (tomtomGPS) , NV Backup, Docstogo, Versa, keycaps, minitones, PdaNet, Butler, palmPDF, volcare, AOL im, DA, BOLD MEANS FREE
    The other advantage is that you don't have to convert wav files from Windows Media to sync to pt on the Deluxe version. You can just sync them directly.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    you can change skins with the nonupgraded version. You need to unlock it though. Under Help there is an option to unlock special features (or something like that). All you have to do is follow that and you will get skins back.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    If I had the $ I would upgrade. If you have Treo 700p it came with the basic pocket tunes v.3.0.9 you can always delete the trail version to get back to the 3.0.9 you can always use kinoma to stream, but like previous post stated you can not turn off the screen or go to different app.
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w