1.    #1  
    All:

http://mobile-stream.com/usbmodem.html

finally resolves my issue of using my Treo 700p tethered via usb for my iMac G5 20" and my Macbook Pro. I'm able to use either system with the phone to access the internet at very comfortable speeds. I had to do so over the week end when the goobers at Time Warner disconnected my cable completely over the week end. I used it comfortably this past Sat. and Sun. until my full speed Road Runner connection was restored.

So I tried the demo and it worked so well that I bought it and the card read application as well!

I never got blue tooth to work well or 100% of the time. I still think it's an Apple issue and not the phone itself. A problem I think w/ OS X.
    I was able to connect via bluetooth, though sometimes, I would have to reset my Treo to get the connection back up. I have also experienced freezing where I would have to reboot my computer, but it only seems to happen if I open internet connect and verizon broadband access at the same time. Is this software worth the 25 bucks? I like the idea of using my usb cable and the mac for faster browsing speeds. Would be interested in your experiences.
    I've had no problems with bluetooth connections at all with a MacBook Pro.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the most recent version (1.42, i think), with "modem script bug fixed." However, it no longer even shows Bluetooth as an option on the 700P-- only "USB" pops up. Are folks using the current version with BT?
    I've used BT but not with USB Modem (which I have). I didn't need it... nor did I seem to need the hack either. It logged in and worked without any problems...

But I have had lots of continuing trouble w/ USB Modem; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Yes, sometimes USB Modem works great, sometimes it locks up my computer and I have to reboot. I've also never needed it with BT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace
    Yes, sometimes USB Modem works great, sometimes it locks up my computer and I have to reboot. I've also never needed it with BT.

Why use the modem script at all, just select Verizon 5250 for the Modem type and you do not need to install anyting on your Mac!
    Sounds like this works!
  9.    #9  
    Hey it's been working for me. USB Modem v1.42. No issues or problems so far. It's worked w/ the Treo 700p and the usb cable on my iMac G5 and Macbook Pro!