1.    #1  
    Holy crap! HELP!

Over the weekend, I've become aware of a REALLY BAD problem with my Treo 650.

Over the last weekend, when I lock it and put it in my pocket THREE TIMES it dialed the "Make Emergency Call" button when locked.

HOLY CRAP! At first, I didn't recognize what the heck was going on, but then I realized that it said "Emergency Call" with a connected timer. When I hung up, emergency services called back and said that they had recieved multiple calls from my phone. I explained that I didn't know why it was dialing that number, but I'd make sure it does not happen again.

What can I do to prevent this? Can I disable the button or change the number that button dials?

HELP!

J
    That doesn't sound good to lock a phone and then it calls 911. Your phone has a mind of its own and doesn't want to stay locked!

Might want to keep it out of the pocket and put it back on your belt again.
  3.    #3  
    Am I the only one with this problem?

Does everyone elses have that "Make emergency call" button on it when it's locked?
    Check out this thread on the same topic:

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/to...html#msg279265

Sounds like a carrier branding issue. Do you have a case with a lid for your Treo? That is probably the best way to deal with it.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Most GSM phones can only make an emergency call by actually dialling 911 unless there is no SIM in the phone. With no SIM in the phone you can only dial emergency. I would guess an unregistered CDMA phone will also only dial emergency.

If you have a GSM phone I would guess that while in your pocket maybe at times while bending or squatting you are putting enough pressure on the phone to unseat the SIM card and also press the dial button. I don't want to try it myself but the emergency dial feature may override the button lock.