1.    #1  
    I'm interested in the MagnetFlipper Case for my 700p, but had two questions:

1) Is the stud for the clip removable? I assume it is not, as I cannot find any mention anywhere that it is.

2) I've read comments about the magnets causing electronics issues - is there any validation to this? I wouldn't expect it, as just about every other flip case uses magnets too, albeit in different locations and usually only one is used on others.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I have been using the Sena MagnetFlipper case for about 8 months. To answer your questions:

1.) The stud for the clip is not removable but it does not protrude very far. On the other hand, the connection to the belt clip is not very solid. I have had my Treo 650 fall to the ground several times due to this poor connection between stud and clip. Also, the ratcheting is not solid either and the phone tends to rotate around a bit. Sena customer service is trying to get me a new clip (I am told they have been redesigned) but they say the clip manufacturer has not provided them with any extras in quite a while.

2.) I have not experienced any issues due to the magnets. I have read some of the same comments about the magnets causing interference and even concerns about holding magnets close to your head. IMHO the radio frequencies from the phone are FAR more of a concern that any static magnet in a case.

For what it is worth, I just purchased a E&B horizontal pouch case and E-Grips. I have only been using this combo a few days but I like it a lot.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks eharty,

Another question if you don't mind. How snug is the fit with the Treo? I have a BestSkinsEver skin on it now (~paper thin in case you're not familiar), and I was wondering if frequent removal would wear/pull the skin? I intend to use the case when I'm out and about (like golfing), to prevent accidental damage, but 95% of the time it would be naked (with BSE). Thanks.
    I used my friends 6700 to check it out while at work with the flip magnetic case and I dropped the thing twice when bending over...thank God I cought it both times. I don't trust them anymore when it comes to the sucurity of my 700. My case has a button and it straps my 700 fine.

P.S. don't tell my friend...
    at&t iPhone3G
  5.    #5  
    KStewart,
    Does that mean you're saying the Sena case is fairly loose, but the strap holds it in (well)? If so, that's what I'd like...
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    Thanks eharty,

Another question if you don't mind. How snug is the fit with the Treo? I have a BestSkinsEver skin on it now (~paper thin in case you're not familiar), and I was wondering if frequent removal would wear/pull the skin? I intend to use the case when I'm out and about (like golfing), to prevent accidental damage, but 95% of the time it would be naked (with BSE). Thanks.

I am not familiar with the BSE so it is hard to say. I can tell you that the Sena skin will not fit over egrips. I imagine it would stretch some but the leather is very thin so tearing might be a concern.

I like the case in general but again the belt clip is a huge problem. I found myself having to constantly be so concerned about my T650 unhooking from the clip that it just wasn't worth it. Hopefully, the new clip design fixed the problem but Sena has not been able to provide one for me. The other issue with the clip is a common one...it holds the Treo too far away from the side so that it feels much bulkier than it is.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions.