1.    #1  
    In case any of you are using Chatter with the EX plugin, you may want to consider NOT sending logs to Marc for the time being. Please be aware that your Exchange server, User ID and password are included in the logs that you send Marc. I personally am NOT cool with that info being transmitted to anyone for any reason. I am always willing to help trouble shoot software but not when this kind of security lapse exists. I emailed him to let him know that this is not appreciated and his response was:

"I haven't gotten around to editing EX logs yet (I remove that information from IMAP and POP3 accounts).
    Marc"

I would think the security concerns of your paying customers would be just as important or more important than working out the bugs.

My 2 cents.
    Thanks for the info.

I've been interested in trying this but I can't find the trial download for the plugin on their website. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Go here and get the Bundel version (1st in the list)
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Yes, I sent Marc a log and got a call from the "IT Admins from on high".

"Hacking the Exchange server" as they put it, does not look good in my personel file. Having said that, I love Chatter and am not about to quit using it.
    Marc does put a disclaimer when sending logs stating that it has the info and if you're not comfortable with sending it, then don't!

I think Marc's a little bit busier developing a world class program, like he already has, than trying to read our emails and dig through them....
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krick
    Thanks for the info.

I've been interested in trying this but I can't find the trial download for the plugin on their website. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Chatter EX Download
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
  7.    #7  
    My post was meant to be a FYI. Reading a few emails is one thing, but access to an entire Exchange Server Account is another. The disclaimer notice does NOT deal with his logging on to outlook exchange server account (contacts w/notes, calendar, tasks, email, etc.).
    I have found a way to submit a log. I just change my account password after sending the log. I do not accuse Marc of malicious intent (accessing info other than needed to troubleshoot), but some users may have sensitive info and all should change their password after submitting logs. I am not giving up on Chatter either. It is a tremendous program. Just be aware.

BTW - Snapper does not include User ID and password in their logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    Downloaded it and after a few fits and starts, such as figuring out that I had to upgrade my stable Chatter + to the latest beta, it works great. Pushing and syncing have been great so far.

Thanks again for the link.