1.    #1  
    I am experiencing frequent crashes in On Demand when I choose update. Sometimes it updates ok, but it has reset the Treo 700p now 3 times in less than an hour. I have experienced crashes with this program from the beginning (when no third part apps were installed). Is anyone else having problems?
    Once I saw how much memory OD was using I immediately deleted it! So to answer your question, if you delete OD it wont cause you to reset anymore
    Yeah.. When it started asking for money.. I removed it. $2.99 per feature (from what I understood)... Not worth it.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    Yeah.. When it started asking for money.. I removed it. $2.99 per feature (from what I understood)... Not worth it.
    Hmmm.. I'm using OnDemand all the time and it's never crashed and only TV Guide (which I removed from the menu) has asked for $$.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the input folks. The little Tour in Applications explains something about the charges on On Demand, seems a lot of it is, in fact, free. I had one crash prior to installing other apps but was able to use it for a while without a problem. I am suspecting a Network problem or two suspect programs may be causing the crashes. Since I don't see a confirmation on this I must assume that it's on my side, possibly memory related.
    Last edited by copernicus; 06/19/2006 at 05:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    Thanks for the input folks. The little Tour in Applications explains something about the charges on On Demand, seems a lot of it is, in fact, free. I had one crash prior to installing but was able to use it for a while without a problem. I am suspecting a Network problem at the time and I have two suspects (programs) which may be causing the crashes. Since I don't see a confirmation on this I must assume that it's on my side, possibly memory related.
    If by free, you mean $2.99/month, then you're right. The news/sports/weather are free (and will remain so). Directories, Dictionary, TV Guide, and Maps & Directions are definitely not free. That's why it's more rightly called: "Off Demand" or "Pay On Demand."

You may not have reached the end of your trial period yet. Trust me, the greedware will kick in shortly.

Personally, I'd rather have the 5+ MB of memory back and use the alternatives that are free or a fraction of the price. Why not save your Off Demand subscriptions...and in a couple years you'll have saved a good chunk of your Treo 800!
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    If by free, you mean $2.99/month, then you're right. The news/sports/weather are free (and will remain so). Directories, Dictionary, TV Guide, and Maps & Directions are definitely not free. That's why it's more rightly called: "Off Demand" or "Pay On Demand."

You may not have reached the end of your trial period yet. Trust me, the greedware will kick in shortly.

Personally, I'd rather have the 5+ MB of memory back and use the alternatives that are free or a fraction of the price. Why not save your Off Demand subscriptions...and in a couple years you'll have saved a good chunk of your Treo 800!
    I was referring to the news, sports, weather, etc. particularly the news which is rather nicely presented and easy to navgate one handed. I have no intention of paying for the other stuff either (not THAT nice and I'm not THAT crazy ). I really haven't looked at how up to date the news articles are but overall it seems well quite well layed out. I can't say the memory requirements are welcome news...

Update:
    I disabled Jot and TextPlus and was crash free from an EV-DO enabled area for about 20 minutes while I explored On Demand. I was trying to make it crash, without success I am happy to say.

Update 2: Moved out of the EVDO coverage area and crashed again several times this morning. I seem to be able to avoid this crash by updating as soon as I get into On Demand. After doing that initial update has not crashed. I re-enabled the two programs above as they don't seem to be having any effect.
    Last edited by copernicus; 06/20/2006 at 08:46 AM.
    How do you get rid of menu items? Can you selectively delete databases and menu items? Sports seems pretty crappy. Can't seem to get NBA palyoff current data. Scores go back to earlier in the year.