1.    #1  
    Just got the reset loop of death and had to do a hard reset... Lost a few days of contacts and info...

Anyone know where this is coming from... Is it the tethered mode hack?
    Last edited by IamVincent; 06/19/2006 at 02:10 AM.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Please don't use the word h*ll.
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    I think going to Phone preferences is what triggered the reset loop of death... I tried to delete the tethered mode hack and Shadowmite's unbranded overlay and it seems to have fixed the problem.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    hell hell hell hell go to hell.
    Often getting rid of the last item you installed restores the unit to full function. The tethered hack also gave me the reset loop... get USBmodem instead, it works great and isn't a "hack" that will crash your unit.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    "get USBmodem instead"

Where can we get this?
  7.    #7  
    Yea where can we get it? : )
    Sorry... USBmodem is available from http://mobile-stream.com/usbmodem.html.

This should end all Mac/tethering issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    Often getting rid of the last item you installed restores the unit to full function. The tethered hack also gave me the reset loop... get USBmodem instead, it works great and isn't a "hack" that will crash your unit.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work consistently on my Mac. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

I too got a reset loop problem with the hack; I finally got the hack installed, but it's not necessary w/ USB Modem, which seems to work for some people and not others. The people at Mobile Stream have been trying to get it all squared away though; they've sent me a bunch of emails and versions to try... haven't heard anything in a week though, and I really wish they'd find the problem and fix it.
    hell hell hell hell go to hell.
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    ?
    I'd Sonny, but that would cause the mods to have to "Open A Can!"

(added winky to help in intended tone)
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 06/20/2006 at 04:19 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Hey I was just having some fun. I fully plan on going to hell, I just hope they have EVDO coverage... LOL!
    Hey I was just having some fun. I fully plan on going to hell, I just hope they have EVDO coverage... LOL!
    I hear you Sonny...I just wish some people on this forum weren't so anal retentive...people need to losen up, life is too short, let it go, and their would be no opening of the can. It takes way more energy to gripe then just turning the channel.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Just funnin here also.
    Just call me Berd.
    I guess, I would hope all would just look at my avatar & profile, and take what I say as fun. Like my asking vincent to not use H*LL.
    It's all Good.
    Just call me Berd.