1.    #1  
    I love my 600, been using it since they first came out. Im looking at leaving Sprint for TMobile...and I want to keep using a Treo. I want the least expensive way and they dont offer Treos. So, I want an unlocked one so if I leave TMobile for another GSM provider, I can jsut change out sims. So, did they ever offer a unlocked GSM T600? If so, any clue where to find one at a good price?
    I had an unlocked, unbranded GSM Treo 600 that apparently came directly from Palm, and used it on T-Mobile. Try eBay or maybe amazon.com.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    duandcc: you've got pm!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. Looks like unlocked 600s are going cheap on ebay, some well under $100.
    I'm sorry, I must have read your other thread wrong.
    Were u looking to unlock a 600 or a 650?
    Just call me Berd.
    You can get both now, fairly cheap on ebay, just be creful and buy from someone with high feedback. Becuase lots of people are not so giving with the truth and the condition of the phone can be quite different to the description. its has happend to me before so i always check now, Good Luck!
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I'm sorry, I must have read your other thread wrong.
    Were u looking to unlock a 600 or a 650?
    Well, obviously I would rather have a T650, but a T600 would suit me okay too if the price was low enough.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    One caution - I believe only Cingular and T-Mobile support the GSM Treo in the U.S. - and T-Mobile chose not to support the 650, meaning that if you pay a premium for an unlocked phone you may find it's tough to get service. I only got Cingular to take on my unlocked 600 because it was being moved under a family plan my wife purchased.
    I am not sure why Cingular needs to know what device you have. Just sign up for the voice and data plan you want, (get the free phone) put the Cingular sim card from the free phone in the TREO, and go.

That's what I did, and have had no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbsa
    I am not sure why Cingular needs to know what device you have. Just sign up for the voice and data plan you want, (get the free phone) put the Cingular sim card from the free phone in the TREO, and go.

That's what I did, and have had no problems.
    Because they prolly were told by the heads to try and convince people to signup for the 39.99 package if they have a 'smartphone'
    Ultimately most will never need all that the 39.99 pack includes, (one thing you get w/ 39.99 pack, is a static ip)
    Just call me Berd.