Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1.    #1  
    A PalmAddict writer, Kraig D. Pritts has figured out a way to stop the skipping issue in ptunes

    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...ocket_tun.html

    You actually have to go to menu-prefs, copy from pc prefs set communication to off. I also had to shutdown chatter to get ptunes to stop skipping. Sure enough this method works. I hope ptunes comes up with a better fix. But I can say this works.
    Jimmie Geddes
  2. #2  
    Ain't working for me and I don't have chattermail
  3. #3  
    Doesn't work. ptunes skips on a factory fresh 700p with nothing else installed.

    This thread can be closed.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    You actually have to go to menu-prefs, copy from pc prefs set communication to off.
    Apparently depending on the version of Pocket Tunes:

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Article
    While in Pocket Tunes, press the Menu key then select Advanced Preferences. Tap to check the item called Disable PC communications.
    Last edited by UniPalmer; 06/18/2006 at 10:20 PM.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
  5. #5  
    I have Pocket Tunes Deluxe and the option is Menu, Copy from PC prefs..., PC Communications "Off"

    I've had this turned off since I installed it over the ROM Pocket tunes when I got my phone. I do have Chatter turned off but no difference here.

    Shutting down Chatter helps get rid of the "30 second skip" some people have talked about. Opening pages in Blazer and going through Docs to Go or other processor intensive app (On Demand, QuickNews, SplashID) still causes skips even with Chatter off.

    Oh well.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

    Catch me on Twitter

    Google+ Me
  6. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    Opening pages in Blazer and going through Docs to Go or other processor intensive app (On Demand, QuickNews, SplashID) still causes skips
    This is my experience as well.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  7. #7  
    I just listen to ptunes and don't do anything else while I am listening. I know we all want to do 700 things at a time on our Treos but I find it liberating to just relax and listen to my music. No skipping at all that way.
  8.    #8  
    Mine doesn't skip if I do the above and turn chatter off.
    Jimmie Geddes
  9. #9  
    the suggestion doesn't help here.
  10. #10  
    No such setting in Advanced Prefs.

    It seems like once I start playing from the card, I get some glitches for the first 30 seconds. After that, the skipping stops and it doesn't happen anymore. Perhaps the processor settles after a short time?

    Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

    Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Mine doesn't skip if I do the above and turn chatter off.
    But I do not want to have to turn off Chatter everytime I want to listen to music.
  12.    #12  
    Neither do I, chatter is too important. The setting is under prefs-copy from PC prefs. The PalmAddict article says advanced prefs, and it's not there.

    I don't listen to music too much on my Treo, I use an iPod. I posted this because it worked for me, it's not the best solution to turn off an email program to stop the skipping, but it worked for me and a few others. Wait for normsoft to release a real fix if this doesn't work for you. Don't shoot the messenger
    Jimmie Geddes
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    No such setting in Advanced Prefs.

    It seems like once I start playing from the card, I get some glitches for the first 30 seconds. After that, the skipping stops and it doesn't happen anymore. Perhaps the processor settles after a short time?

    do you have a high-speed card? i know that using a standard-speed SD card does not keep up.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey
    do you have a high-speed card? i know that using a standard-speed SD card does not keep up.
    High speed cards skip to. I've got one of the fastest SD cards available which works flawlessly with my 650 and skips with the 700p. The 700p is just plain slower than the 650. Palm needs to release a major firmware update to fix it.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    ...Palm needs to release a major firmware update to fix it.
    you can say that again!
  16. #16  
    I am the original poster from PalmAddict. In the original ptunes version 3.0.9 on my 700p. There is indeed and Advanced Preferences menu option on the first menu list on the left hand side of the drop downs. When the steps are done as described, the skipping does indeed go away when you are listening to ptunes. I am using a plain old SanDisk 2gb card--not high speed by any means and am only reading files from the card.

    It may not be perfect but it is definitely better than having the skiipping take place while listening. There will be skipping when other applications are functioning. Quite frankly, that was the case with any other MP3 player I have used on any of my Palms including PTunes Deluxe on my 650.

    Kraig
  17. #17  
    I tried your recommendation to turn off communication. It improved the skipping until the screen went black. Once it goes black the skipping makes it unbearable to listen to. I have no idea why blanking the screen makes it skip buts its pretty horrible.

    I also tried mOcean. I like the look but it skips badly too.

    Someone earlier suggested AeroPlayer. It is a bare bones player but I have had minimal skipping with it even after the screen goes black. They have a 15 day trial so you can see if it works better then pTunes did for me.
    I couldn't find it on treocentral so here is a link.

    http://www.aerodrome.us/download.html
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kpritts
    I am the original poster from PalmAddict. In the original ptunes version 3.0.9 on my 700p. There is indeed and Advanced Preferences menu option on the first menu list on the left hand side of the drop downs. When the steps are done as described, the skipping does indeed go away when you are listening to ptunes. I am using a plain old SanDisk 2gb card--not high speed by any means and am only reading files from the card.

    It may not be perfect but it is definitely better than having the skiipping take place while listening. There will be skipping when other applications are functioning. Quite frankly, that was the case with any other MP3 player I have used on any of my Palms including PTunes Deluxe on my 650.

    Kraig
    Again, your "fix" doesn't work. Thanks anyway.
  19. #19  
    I run PXA clocker and underclock chatteremail and overclock ptunes... seems to be much better at getting rid of the skipping.

    I also reduced the cache size in blazer from 8 MB to 4 MB and clear it on exit... the extra memory seems to help also.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  20. #20  
    How do you set up PXA clocker to do this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions