1.    #1  
    for the past day my signal strength is 0 bars in places normally 2 or more bars. soft reset or manual on/off doesn't fix the issue. my brothers 700p shows 'normal' sig strength in the areas mine show none. when I call a nmbr and stay connected for abt 30 seconds or so I get a flood of stored sms msgs, like the ntwrk just figured out where I was at. usually during the call the signal bars will re appear. then after I hangup phn will go to phn off, then no svc, then to 'sprint' svc but back to 0 bars. any ideas??
    Last edited by spookysco; 06/18/2006 at 02:47 PM.
    Did you force EVDO ??? on phone screen dial ##EVDO# (##3836#) and make sure nothing is check. There should be 2 choices, 1) force EVDO 2) force 1xRTT leave both uncheck.

I have exact same problem when I force EVDO. So I would suggest checking that first. while you at it try calling your phone first if it's go straight to VM and not ringing on your phone then I would be positive that EVDO forcing is the culprit.
  3.    #3  
    I didn't think I had done that but I guess i DID. I unchecked the option (both un-checked) and the signal strength immediately came back... THANKS..

Incidentally, I know this has been covered in other threads but seems somewhat related here. What's everybody's current PRL version? Mine is 20221. Just wondering how we can tell (website ?? / dial into system??) when there are updates and what the current version is... Seems appropriate when things are changing as fast as they are in my area with EVDO additions...
    I bet if you force EVDO you force your 700p to connect to an EVDO tower. My experience with EVDO is that unless you're getting at least 4 bars, you're going to have problems (i.e., TV locking up, dropped calls, etc.). Best not to force EVDO, IMHO.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    this doesn't work on a VZW 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    I bet if you force EVDO you force your 700p to connect to an EVDO tower. My experience with EVDO is that unless you're getting at least 4 bars, you're going to have problems (i.e., TV locking up, dropped calls, etc.). Best not to force EVDO, IMHO.
    You not only force it to connect to an EVDO tower, but you make it turn off the 1xrtt radio which turns off all calls, text messages and I think voicemails.