1.    #1  
    I have been trying to use Opera Mini as a browser because it is so fast. However, I, like many other people, see to be having trouble with resets, especially for larger pages like CNN. So I did some troubleshooting today and found that when Chattermail is active, I have resets in Opera. I can replicate this all the time when I try to go to CNN on Opera, but it also resets on other webpages. If I shutdown Chatter, I can browse with Opera and have no or rare resets. My java settings are either 4 or 8mb and either 8 or 16k stack. (I've tried both combinations). This is on a 650 with the full version of Opera Mini and the latest stable version of Chatter.

Just wonder if anyone else can replicate this problem and if so, maybe someone can fix it because I think Opera is pretty slick.
    My coworker's 650 cannot handle the 4MB/8kb stack combination, either.

I made the recommendation to him, and I don't know if this is a reasonable suggestion or not, but if you haven't done so, I'd look into making a custom rom and remove versamail & realplayer & anything else you can do without. Removing these from ROM will give you more dbcache which gives you more effective memory, and the difference it makes is very real.

During my last week with the 650, I reverted back to the original ROM and I got resets in Opera far more than when I had a custom rom.

Edit: I never got my coworker to do a custom ROM. But once he put the memory settings back to 1mb/2kb he did not have any crashes.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  3.    #3  
    I have a custom rom without versamail, realplayer, or all the other junk. I have almost 8mb free in my RAM. I have used different stack settings and don't really see much of a difference.

What I am saying, is that without making any changes, when I disable Chattermail, Opera doesn't reset. I stay connected to the network, and just shutdown Chatter and then try browsing in Opera and no resets. I'm not a programmer or developer, but to me, this is a sign of a conflict.
    d'oh, sorry then. For the record I also use Chatter+Opera, I don't recall having any issues with the combination on the 650, and certainly not now on the 700p, but then again I use SMS to trigger mail checking, which I find alleviates a lot of the problems others have with Chatter.

It's just that since Chatter locks itself in dbCache, I have this feeling it's memory related. Did you mention if it still crashed when you set it to 1MB/2kb? Also, on the 650 I also used UDMH so I could put some of that free RAM to good use.

Interesting in what others have to say...
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  5.    #5  
    i'll try the lower settings and see what happens. Hopefully some other Opera and Chatter users check this out.
  6.    #6  
    Okay, I did a bunch more testing. With Chatter running, CNN loads fine on Opera when using 1mb/4k, but it is split into three pages. (not really a problem) On evey other Java setting, it will reset with Chatter running. When Chatter is not running, almost any java settings will let Opera load CNN and other websites without resets.