1.    #1  
    I have not seen a new thread on whether it is possible to use Active X on the 700P. I use gmail and it tells me that I must enable Active X to use the full version. The HTML version works fine, but the full version would be neat. (The mobile version is not very useful. It lacks a check box and so it is impossible to delete more than one message at a time.)

Alternatively, does anyone know how to open the HTML version directly? gmail.com always takes me to the full version and then I must scroll to get to the HTML version.
    Laissez Faire
    versamail has worked flawlessly with both of my gmail accounts. you can check multiple emails and delete.

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by circpro
    versamail has worked flawlessly with both of my gmail accounts. you can check multiple emails and delete.
    There is an option to delete on the server as well as from the Treo, but it does not seem to work unless I am missing something. Using native gmail on the Treo is the only method I have found of deleting messages from gmail itself.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin
    I have not seen a new thread on whether it is possible to use Active X on the 700P. I use gmail and it tells me that I must enable Active X to use the full version. The HTML version works fine, but the full version would be neat. (The mobile version is not very useful. It lacks a check box and so it is impossible to delete more than one message at a time.)

Alternatively, does anyone know how to open the HTML version directly? gmail.com always takes me to the full version and then I must scroll to get to the HTML version.
    Gmail tells you that you must have ActiveX for a better experience. If you look down the page, it will still let you login and access your account, but you wont get all of the nice AJAX functionality.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    You can't delete mail using the mobile version?
    http://m.gmail.com
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    You can't delete mail using the mobile version?
    http://m.gmail.com
    Yes, but there is no check box so you must open each message separately and delete it. With the "real" version there is a check box and it is much easier to delete more than one message. (No delete buttonon the HTML versoin, though; you must go to "more actions" and scroll down to "move to trash."
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by circpro
    Yeah, it'll delete from Versamail, but since you are downloading a copy of the mail via POP, you're not also deleting the original message from Gmail.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin
    Yes, but there is no check box so you must open each message separately and delete it. With the "real" version there is a check box and it is much easier to delete more than one message. (No delete buttonon the HTML versoin, though; you must go to "more actions" and scroll down to "move to trash."

Ah, gotcha. Is it the same for "Archiving" mail, too? That's what I do most with unwanted mail in Gmail... hardly ever delete.