1.    #1  
    This screen is killing me. There are times where it turns off on me (and I don't mean hybernate). the keyboard lights will be on, the charging red light will be on but the screen will be dead! I have to either remove the battery or hit some keys/tap the stupid thing to get the screen to come back on. there are also times where I will be charging my phone in the car and the phone will crap out on me. first the led will start to blink red. the light turns off, the screen flashes, some popup tries to come up but quickly goes away and then the red light comes back on. after several tries of this... it crashes. there are several times where I am outside and I can barely read my freaken screen (no it had not dimmed at that point). I check my wifes 700p and it is totally brighter than mine. her "brightness" is set the same as mine. the screen went blank on me again today and I totally flipped. it is not even a month old!! we are taking it in tomorrow. does anyone have any ideas what is causing this?? I was thinking that it could be a loose connection but that does not explain the charging issue. thanks in advance.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    My screen has been dimming on me occassionally, not naturally. A soft reset takes care of it, hoping its a software thing, otherwise I hate to exchange it.

no crashes though...
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    not normal dimming
  4.    #4  
    I took it in and they would like to do a hard reset. they said that if it still does it with the hard reset (and no 3rd party apps) that they would give me a new one. I would prefer to do the hard reset myself to ensure that I have everything backed up. do u think it is worth doing the hard reset??
    You don't need to take it in for that, you can do it yourself and see if it's still having a problem. If it is, then do another hard reset and do not sync it so you can take it back to the store in its clean state.
  6.    #6  
    if I just sync my treo with my comp. is that considered "backed up" or is there something else that I need to do?