Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    ...went through, only it happened to me back when I had my first two phones (the original and the replacement), in June and July. Since I got my third phone (I think in late-July), I haven't had this issue. Thus, I am intrigued. Any idea what the build date of your phone is? (I'm wondering if you have the initial faulty ROM chip in there, or if this problem is starting to crop up all over again.)

Also, what other programs are loaded in your phone? When I was having the problem on my first two phones, I was using Goodlink, Volumecare and the Saeido (sp?) extended battery which has slightly different voltage than the standard battery. On my latest phone, I eliminated the Volumecare and the off-voltage battery and just kept the Goodlink, and it runs pretty fine (except, as someone else in this thread noted, for the "standard" delay, etc. "issues"). I'm not saying that Volumecare or the other battery caused the problems but, frankly, I just don't want to risk it.
    I have read every post in this thread and I see a pattern:
    1) Most of the problems are on Sprint phones, not Verizon.
    2) Most of the users reporting problems have several third party apps installed.

I have a treo 700p from Verizon with no third party apps installed. It works perfectly except that on rare occasion, it does not see my SD card. I have to remove and re-insert the card to fix this (it might just be my card). Otherwwise, total perfection.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by marsle View Post
    2) Most of the users reporting problems have several third party apps installed.
    Sorry, but both my defective phones were on Verizon. I do, however, agree with you re. #2.
    re #1: I said most (not all). I am sure having the Verizon version does not guarantee no problems but I think your odds are better of no problems.
    Last edited by marsle; 11/04/2006 at 08:31 AM.
  5. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsdmems View Post
    ...went through, only it happened to me back when I had my first two phones (the original and the replacement), in June and July. Since I got my third phone (I think in late-July), I haven't had this issue. Thus, I am intrigued. Any idea what the build date of your phone is? (I'm wondering if you have the initial faulty ROM chip in there, or if this problem is starting to crop up all over again.)

This is my replacement phone, my first 700p had a problem and got the infamous Access Logo Reset Loop... My phone works pretty damn well now after the spontaneous hard reset. I think I'm gonna do a hard reset once in a while from now on, HAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by rsdmems View Post

Also, what other programs are loaded in your phone? When I was having the problem on my first two phones, I was using Goodlink, Volumecare and the Saeido (sp?) extended battery which has slightly different voltage than the standard battery. On my latest phone, I eliminated the Volumecare and the off-voltage battery and just kept the Goodlink, and it runs pretty fine (except, as someone else in this thread noted, for the "standard" delay, etc. "issues"). I'm not saying that Volumecare or the other battery caused the problems but, frankly, I just don't want to risk it.
    I don't have any of those, I have Chatter, NotifyLink, and a lot of other stuff that don't reside in memory unless it's in the foreground (or so I think)...

btw I have VZW...
    Verizon Treo 700p w/ Martin Fields and Best Skin Ever film (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by marsle View Post

I have a treo 700p from Verizon with no third party apps installed. It works perfectly except that on rare occasion, it does not see my SD card. I have to remove and re-insert the card to fix this (it might just be my card). Otherwwise, total perfection.
    Hmm...I count 4 users with Verizon, one on Sprint and several that did not specify.

The unit is designed to work with third party apps, and in fact, is heavily marketed as having that capability. The phone costs as much as a 36" television. It should work totally perfect (or reasonably totally perfect) with or without third party apps.
    Has this issue been resolved? I suddenly started receiving this message and getting spontaneous softies. Is it in fact a ROM problem? Verizon with CHattermail and Volumecare.

KD
    Korndog
    Verizon 700p
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12