Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by rosswords
    Will someone please write a program that makes the green button do something useful? Say, write a poem, or send out for pizza?
    Hey, that's great. Someone has actually done it. Thanks for telling me about LudusP. I hadn't heard of it. For now, I'm programming it to Blazer, but I may change my mind. It doesn't wake up the phone, as the other hard buttons do, but it's a step in the right direction.

Still, I kind of wish the "P" in LudusP stood for "poetry" or "pizza."
    Can someone please post a link to download LodusP. For the life of me, I cannot find LodusP after doing multiple searches.

Yes, the Green button is useless in its current state, and I want to change that right away!

Thanks! Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Can someone please post a link to download LodusP.
    As of today the lastest beta version can be found in this post. But there's still at least one bug in it so there will be another release coming...
    Excellent! Thanks for the link! I already paid the $5 registration fee. Now my useless Green button is made useful for changing to the menu button!
    Casey
    IMO, Palm should have just made the green button the phone button and replaced the phone button with something else. Mose people who don't know how to use a Treo will more than likely push the green button to try and launch the phone (someone posted a video of them using the 700p before it came out, and they did exactly this) and will be dumbfounded as to why it's not working.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Is there any way (in LudusP or otherwise) to map it to the "Dial Pad" screen?
    In LudusP, a useful setting is to check the box 'All In 1 Phone Btn' and also change drop down menu to Phone. This setting allows for pressing the phone button twice to bring up last 10 numbers called, or pressing the Green button to get the menu screen. Very nice!
    Casey
    Treo 600: 4 standard hardware buttons, power on top + (additional menu buttons to make up for loss of Grafitti)

Treo 650: 2 standard hardware buttons, other 2 hardware buttons hijacked as dedicated "green" and "red" phone/power, loss of top "power" button, moved around the menu buttons (that emulate Grafitti features)

Treo 700p: 2 standard hardware buttons, Grafitti "home" emulation moved from additional button to loss of one standard button, "phone" button still replaces standard button - but loss of the 650 "home" button for an additional green button, no return of the top "power" button, Grafitti emulation "menu" button is now in the difficult-to-reach lowest RH corner...

WTF is Palm thinking - if they are thinking at all? I doubt they are doing all this mickey-mouse moving around to accomodate "new users" who buy a $700.00 phone and are incapable of reading a manual for 3 minutes (if they can't just intuit it). I presume that many or most purchasers of Treos have used Treos and/or Palms before - and radically screwing around with the hardware layout every release makes *NO* sense. It's like creating a different version of Graffiti every time they release a different handheld. P.I.T.A.

I try not to use anyone use my Treo that can't figure out how to turn it off, or ask me to help them use it. What's the point of Palm killing off buttons and moving them all around like one of those number puzzles every time they release a minor hardware change?

Thank god they don't design keyboards - I'd imagine the process there would be to have 3 monkeys drop a bunch of Scrabble pieces on the floor, pick them up randomly then put into some sort of "pattern" and - *TA-DA* - relearn all over again how to type. QWERTY becomes LJGRYL (with ESC key on lower right) then RGKFS (with number keys reversed) and then PSIWMJ (removing the F5 key, moving all the other function keys to the left and then below the space bar) and making the shift key bright pink......
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Treo 600: 4 standard hardware buttons, power on top + (additional menu buttons to make up for loss of Grafitti)

Treo 650: 2 standard hardware buttons, other 2 hardware buttons hijacked as dedicated "green" and "red" phone/power, loss of top "power" button, moved around the menu buttons (that emulate Grafitti features)

Treo 700p: 2 standard hardware buttons, Grafitti "home" emulation moved from additional button to loss of one standard button, "phone" button still replaces standard button - but loss of the 650 "home" button for an additional green button, no return of the top "power" button, Grafitti emulation "menu" button is now in the difficult-to-reach lowest RH corner...

WTF is Palm thinking - if they are thinking at all? I doubt they are doing all this mickey-mouse moving around to accomodate "new users" who buy a $700.00 phone and are incapable of reading a manual for 3 minutes (if they can't just intuit it). I presume that many or most purchasers of Treos have used Treos and/or Palms before - and radically screwing around with the hardware layout every release makes *NO* sense. It's like creating a different version of Graffiti every time they release a different handheld. P.I.T.A.

I try not to let anyone use my Treo that can't figure out how to turn it off, or ask me to help them use it. What's the point of Palm killing off buttons and moving them all around like one of those number puzzles every time they release a minor hardware change?

Thank god they don't design keyboards - I'd imagine the process there would be to have 3 monkeys drop a bunch of Scrabble pieces on the floor, pick them up randomly then put into some sort of "pattern" and - *TA-DA* - relearn all over again how to type. QWERTY becomes LJGRYL (with ESC key on lower right) then RGKFS (with number keys reversed) and then PSIWMJ (removing the F5 key, moving all the other function keys to the left and then below the space bar) and making the shift key bright pink......
    Last edited by Joad; 06/18/2006 at 03:15 AM.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    couldn't they come up with a better name then LudusP???
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    There's a green button??
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7
    Well, if you are in the phone app, it does pull up a redial list of your last 10 calls... I've found that handy. Is there some other way to do that?
    you can just click call log button and it should do the same thing.

I also agree w/ other posters that only red button brings the treo out of hibernation/standby mode.
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
    I think the button is super useful, ever since I assigned hi-launcher to it that is! Gives me that Windows Mobile and PALM feel, mixed together. Best of both worlds, and by the way, hi-launcher is the greatest!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I still can't believe there isn't a one-button keypress that'll get me to the Dial Pad!

Oh well. Perhaps I'll install TAKEphONE and map the Green Button to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by oski
    you can just click call log button and it should do the same thing.

I also agree w/ other posters that only red button brings the treo out of hibernation/standby mode.
    Huh? My 4 "hard" buttons all bring my 700p out of hibernation mode. The only one that doesn't is the green button.

Perhaps I've got this feature by using Butler or Launcher X? All I know is that it works...
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    Huh? My 4 "hard" buttons all bring my 700p out of hibernation mode. The only one that doesn't is the green button.

Perhaps I've got this feature by using Butler or Launcher X? All I know is that it works...
    All 4 of the hard button as well as the red button should wake up the Treo. Someone earlier say that the green button woke up his Treo (without having mapped it over with a special launcher). So I believe many of the comments were Red vs Green to wake up the Treo.
    good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by rosswords
    What the hell is the green button for?

I just upgraded from the 600 to the 700p (skipped the 650) and I already love it. In fact, I go all the way back to the Treo 270, the Visor Deluxe and even the VisorPhone. But I've just got to whine about this. I know it's trivial, but it offends my sense of functional design.

I mean, why design a phone with a vestigial organ like an appendix or tailbone already built in? This button doesn't do anything important that the center of the 5-way won't do. I only use it for one thing -- pulling down the menu of recently called numbers -- but do we really need a separate button for that?

I can only assume that the real purpose of this button is to give a warm and fuzzy feeling to the cellphone-using masses who can't imagine living without a green button, and would never switch to a Treo if it didn't have one. As I say, it's a 21st century appendix or coccyx. But you can't even give it a useful function, like you can the other other buttons!

Will someone please write a program that makes the green button do something useful? Say, write a poem, or send out for pizza? Please.

I too just noticed this odd green button. Coming from a Treo 600, it appeared foreign to me. I approached it slowly and poked it to see if it moved or did anything. It didn't really do anything. So I mapped it to my camera within SplashBlog using LudusP.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky2
    Well now hold on, whipper snapper! The green button is useful for waking the phone up in its present application when keyguard is on. Say you have keyguard on, phone was in Chatter, and you turned the screen off. If you want to wake it up and stay in Chatter, green button is only solution (unless you set another button to Chatter). 5-way won't do do this.
    LOL! Totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    [size=4][color=black][color=SeaGreen]

I laughed
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast