1.    #1  
    Just got a new 700p and then discovered my car's hands free isn't supported. The palm site says 'check back soon', but my experience with them adding phone support to previous Palm models was very slow. Anyone want to hazard a guess on when bluetooth updates might fix my problem? This is a potential deal breaker for me and wanted to hear peoples thoughts. If you have a fix, I'd be thrilled. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hand free works with my 2006 Audi A4.
    When it the Treo 700p finds the audi, the password is 1234.
    The engine must be on for it work.
    Bruce
    I have a 2006 Audi S4. My Bluetooth mostly works with my Audi. When I first got the 700p it would sporadically disconnect with the car and sometimes I could not initiate calls through the Bluetooth connection. I have since took versamail off auto sync and plug my 700p into a charger while driving. I now have no problems with disconnections and I am able to initiate and receive call properly. The only problems I have is that caller id displays the wrong number on the car's display when calls come in. I am also only able to get 5 contacts to show up in the car's dialing directory.
  4.    #4  
    I have a 2006 S4 and a 700p from verizon. I was exicted to see others have had success, but I still do not. When I try to pair (with the engine running), I get the 'unable to add to devices list' error from the palm. On the palm, I have BT ver 2.0 (w), BT Device ver 2.0, BT ver 5.2, BT exchange ver 1.0 and OS 5.4.9. Wonder what my problem is?
    I would reset the Audi Nav Plus, then try to pair them again. Make sure you clear everything on the Car head unit ( found in the Tel Settings screen) and the Palm Bluetooth. In other words start from scratch.
    AT&T Treo 750 (Unlocked) WM6

DrB
  6.    #6  
    bumbing this because I haven't had any luck. any other users out there successful using the 700p with their 06 audi? Anyone else care to post version info for their bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by dochobbs
    bumbing this because I haven't had any luck. any other users out there successful using the 700p with their 06 audi? Anyone else care to post version info for their bluetooth?
    I don't - I have a toyota prius - but I initially had trouble getting the pairing to happen. I think I eventually got it to work by going through "Setup Devices", "Trusted Devices" (NOT handsfree setup). Inside "trusted devices", "Add Device" worked for me after lots of trouble with the other (normal) method.

HTH