Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does any1 else have unusually high usage when you ##786#? A friend of mine has only had his Treo for 2 weeks and it's already registering close to 20,000 mins used. I've had mine since the beginning of the month and mine says I've used over 11,000 mins, which I kno isn't true.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I've had my 700p activated for a week now and per MinutesPlus I've used 20 minutes. But ##786# reports 407 minutes used.

Just made a 90 second test call and MinutesPlus (rounds up) added two minutes to my total and ##786# reports 408.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    I've had my 700p activated for a week now and per MinutesPlus I've used 20 minutes. But ##786# reports 407 minutes used.

Just made a 90 second test call and MinutesPlus (rounds up) added two minutes to my total and ##786# reports 408.
    Do you guys use PAM? B/c i've used my pam over a gigabyte this month, and the phone only shows 80 megs of usage. I think when tethering, the phone counts those as minutes, not as data.

Not minutes like talk minutes, but minutes as in connected minutes.
    I've only had my phone a little over a week, and somehow I've racked up over 12,500 minutes... It must be confused between data and calls...
    I've had mine 2.5 weeks and it shows 49,701 minutes. I've probably used about 400 minutes. I haven't done any tethering, either. I remember that when I upgraded from Treo 300 to 600, and then from 600 to 650, the lifetimer somehow cumulated my minutes from one device to the other. Maybe it's doing that again here. Should be some threads on this for the Treo 650.
    Well, this is really getting strange.... I have had my 700p for 8 days; yesterday my minutes showed almost 2000 minutes. I just checked it and shows only 2 minutes?!?!?!?
    My life timer is at 94624.
    I had my Treo 700P for two weeks and I feel my timer is incorrect.

It says Life timer (mins) 7452
    Life data (kilobytes) 259925
    dammit, barely beaten out by Neo... 84282 life minute timer
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    mines wrong too
    i have seen on other devices this timer is for total device on run time. thats phone calls, web, files, calendar, settings, ect. anytime the screen is lite the timer is running.
    Thank god, I checked mine yesterday on the ##786# thread and it says 17,900 or something like that. Weird. How in the hell can I sell it in a year or two with 300,000 miles (Minutes) on it??!!!!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts

Mine is accurately tracking actual minutes for voice calls used and data downloaded. Which is different than back when I had my Treo600, it was very confused.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ERicJ; 06/18/2006 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Add reference to old Treo600 data usage thread
    It is my understanding that Life Timer is not tracking minutes used, but actual life of the device.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=%23%23786%23
    Heh... My liftimer now shows 324 minutes and about 130MB of data usage. Which both now seem to be fairly accurate...
    Quote Originally Posted by bcoutlander
    Heh... My liftimer now shows 324 minutes and about 130MB of data usage. Which both now seem to be fairly accurate...
    If you had your treo activated a second ago...
    at&t iPhone3G
    <<I checked mine yesterday on the ##786# thread and it says 17,900 or something like that. Weird. How in the hell can I sell it in a year or two with 300,000 miles (Minutes) on it??!!!!>>

Well, you could try running it in reverse for a while to take some milage off the odometer, but that would be dishonest.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    im thinking the life timer is running in seconds and not minutes, i could be wrong, i divided the number in my life timer and if my math was wright comes out to about 16 days of use wich is somewhat right , since i bought it about 2 weeks ago
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    im thinking the life timer is running in seconds and not minutes, i could be wrong, i divided the number in my life timer and if my math was wright comes out to about 16 days of use wich is somewhat right , since i bought it about 2 weeks ago
    Maybe your on to something. I did the same calc. and found simular results. I will look deeper into this later.
    at&t iPhone3G
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by circpro
    It is my understanding that Life Timer is not tracking minutes used, but actual life of the device.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=%23%23786%23
    In that same thread that's disproven, as seen here:
    I don't believe that's correct. I took a snapshot of my "Life Timer" minutes before and after using the Treo to stream internet audio via pTunes for 65 minutes. The "Life Data" has obviously gone up but the minutes have not changed. It would be consistent with past Treos that this is intended to track voice call minutes.

http://tinyurl.com/hdg6d

Regards,
    ERic
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast