Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Maybe your on to something. I did the same calc. and found simular results. I will look deeper into this later.

maybe everybody should divide their life timer numbers and do some math to see if everybody is getting similar numbers , i mean this has to be seconds of use not minutes, because jesus even if the treo was on nonstop since you bought it, it would be too much
  2.    #22  
    So the theory is that it's counting in seconds, right? So that means that you would take what the life timer says and divide by 60. When I do this my 11919 timer turns into 198.65. I'm pretty sure I've been on the phone more than 200 mins this month.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    <<I checked mine yesterday on the ##786# thread and it says 17,900 or something like that. Weird. How in the hell can I sell it in a year or two with 300,000 miles (Minutes) on it??!!!!>>

Well, you could try running it in reverse for a while to take some milage off the odometer, but that would be dishonest.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    So the theory is that it's counting in seconds, right? So that means that you would take what the life timer says and divide by 60. When I do this my 11919 timer turns into 198.65. I'm pretty sure I've been on the phone more than 200 mins this month.
    Now I have 13810 mins on my phone. Only 7 hrs have passed and somehow the phone has recorded 2000 mins.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Okay some more data from my phone that seems to be tracking Life Minutes correctly.

Today I only had two voice calls for 23 and 13 seconds respectively.

http://tinyurl.com/qthbe

For those that don't know you can get the call duration displayed in the call log with the 650 Phone overlay file recently discussed in this thread, but it will cause resets if you try to access the Menu-->Phone Preferences. I simply use Filez to copy the overlay .prc from my SD card when I need to see call duration, then delete from RAM when done.

And as you can see my Life Timer (minutes) total has only increased by one (437 to 438).

http://tinyurl.com/o7wnb

This does imply that the actual timer is stored in at least seconds resolution internally and not rounded up to the next minute like the service providers typically do for you bill.

Can someone with one of the excessively high counting Treos perform this experiment:
    1. Snapshot your Life Timer minutes
    2. Make a voice call
    3. Snapshot call duration in seconds
    4. Snapshot new Life Timer minutes
    That should provide some data to help figure out what's going on.

FYI, the app I use for Treo screen shots is Snap. It saves a .bmp to your SD card. Pop the SD into the computer and .bmp is easily edited to cut out numbers and convert to smaller .jpg with IrfanView.

ERic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the link for the Snap File Eric
    It is not counting in seconds.

Check this out:

Lifetimer 32965.

Place call with phone to voicemail for 2 minutes.

Check lifetimer: 32965 (still).

Call phone from office line. Hit red button to ignore.

Check lifetimer: 33165

So, just ignoring the call lasted 200 minutes or 200 seconds or 200 something. But, obviously, it didn't last anything at all.
    This is weird another one of Palms Rubix Cube type of problems
  9.    #29  
    MHR is definitely on to something.

Life Timer: 15870
    Ignored Call
    Life Timer: 16899
    Ignored Call
    Life Timer: 17929
    Ignored Call
    Life Timer: 18961
    Ignored Call
    Life Timer: 19995

It's odd that between the 1st one it added 1029, and the 2nd one it added 1030, 3rd was 1032, 4th was 1034. I also tried hitting the "Ignore with Text" and the same thing happened.

Another question is why is it adding >1000 on mine but only 200 on his?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    MHR is definitely on to something.
    Yep:

Life Timer: 661
    Ignore incoming call
    Life Timer: 722 (+61)
    Ignore incoming call
    Life Timer: 785 (+63)
    Accept 150 second incoming call
    Life Timer: 787 (+2)
    Ignore incoming call
    Life Timer: 853 (+66)
    Place 151 second outgoing call
    Life Timer: 856 (+3)
    Ignore incoming call
    Life Timer: 929 (+73)

So I'm still accurately counting mintues for airtime but adding bogus time for ignoring calls.
    That's just crazy! I have 17,000..
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    hmmm so would having a high life timer...cause problems later when i am trying to sell this?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by brisk
    hmmm so would having a high life timer...cause problems later when i am trying to sell this?
    How can anyone answer this with any meaningful degree of certainty?

It might. It might not.

No one has ever checked the life timer on any Treo I've sold. They mostly care about scratches. Of course, YMMV.
    I checked my lifetimer several times and it was in the 37k range... then one day it "fixed" itself.. not sure what caused it to fix itself but it did..

Now it shows the accurate number of minutes used, that is, lifetimer matches sprints website (this only works for this billing period *smile*)

I discussed my trials and tribulations with the lifetimer HERE
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
    Strange....when did your phone "fix" itself?
    My Palm OS History: US Robotics Palm Pilot 1000 > Palm Vx > Handspring Visor Edge > Palm m505 > Handspring Treo 90 > Handspring Treo 300 > Handspring Treo 600 > PalmOne Treo 650 > Palm Treo 700p > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Centro 690

Other Phones: Sony Z100 > Motorola StarTAC ST7867W > Motorola TimePort P8767 > Sanyo SP6000 > Motorola v50 > Motorola v600 > Nokia 6102i > Blackberry 7290 > Blackberry 8700c
    Quote Originally Posted by fookie
    Strange....when did your phone "fix" itself?
    As per the thread at the end of the link I posted My phone fixed itself on Monday 07-03-2006 @ 19:50 (MST/AZ) ... and I have been unable to get back to seeing the 37k + lifetimer.. still not sure what caused it to reveal itself.
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
    Heh. Mine was at 3232... Called myself from the land line... ignored it, went up to 3304.

72 mins.

Something i thought about is maybe life timer goes when you're connected to 1xRTT?
    Just to throw in mine:
    Life Timer = 994481 ( do I get a prize at 1M)
    Life Data = 22108
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12