Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have deleted all voicemail messages and confirmed that calling Voicemail says "no messages" yet when I press the phone button, at the bottom where it lists four apps the voicemail app seems permanently set to "Voicemail 1." I have a feeling this is not what I think it is but can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    It says "1" because that's the speed dial number you press to get to your voicemail. It's preset.
    I have the second button listed for a speed dial for my wife. I use "2" to call her.

I listed it as "wife" and there is a number 2 next to it. I only have one wife and she saw it and thinks I am cheating. WTF
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    A little help? For the life of me I can't get the Favorites buttons to show numbers instead of letters. When I try to put a number in it just beeps at me, and nothing appears. So I've got "R" instead of "2", "T" instead of "3", etc. Voicemail is the only Favorites button that has a number....
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    A little help? For the life of me I can't get the Favorites buttons to show numbers instead of letters. When I try to put a number in it just beeps at me, and nothing appears. So I've got "R" instead of "2", "T" instead of "3", etc. Voicemail is the only Favorites button that has a number....
    Same here.
    Apple iPhone, Apple Bluetooth
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I have the second button listed for a speed dial for my wife. I use "2" to call her.

I listed it as "wife" and there is a number 2 next to it. I only have one wife and she saw it and thinks I am cheating. WTF

Thanks dutchtrumpet and dcpmark, I had the feeling I was interpreting it wrong. Sorry not to be able to help with the 2 wives technique dcpmark, dutch will have to help you with that one.
    thanks for being able to take a joke

glad ya got it figured out!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet

Wife #2...LOL...
    You made my day man!!!!
    Thanks Dutch, I'm still roll'n.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    It is also configured in the dial pad.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I am still confused as to how to make a number appear...
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Same problem here...coming from habit patterns on a Treo 650, I wanted Contacts instead of Voicemail on the top left button. Finally had to delete the Voicemail in order to reassign it somewhere else. Now it's "V" for Voicemail rather than "1". This is probably "B" for Bug.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Okay, I found it and it was so easy it's kind of embarrasing...

Go into the edit favorites button, move the cursor onto the Quick Key field and then bring up the keyboard from the menu. Select the numbers in it and they appear.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Everything's easy after you know how :-)

Good catch...
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I know - it was driving me crazy to have letters instead of numbers in there!
    I can get it to display the digits using the Kbd method,
    but I can't make it dial... anybody else has this problem?
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Well, dayum! One step forward, two steps back...
    It still is easy if you know how... read it hear or on MTDN:

Edit PhoneFavourites2DB using FileZ, there is one entry for
    each of the favourite locations. There are two fields among
    them one that is displayed and one that is a shortcut. So
    for Voicemail, the 8th character is "e" used for "dialing" and
    one of the characters... maybe the third is "81" code for "1"

(Need to verify the "81" part, don't try it yet)

----------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, the above explanation is wrong, but I got it to work
    some three months back...
    Last edited by GreenHex; 06/18/2006 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Added the "wrong" part...
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    No fair usin' them fancy tricks...
    How can I fix this? It is bugging me!!
    8th character appears to be location information.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast