View Poll Results: what sprint tv pack do you have?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • access plan

11 19.30%
  • plus plan

13 22.81%
  • ultimate plan

29 50.88%
  • live plan

2 3.51%
  • mobi tv

2 3.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    with all the confusion of which plan includes what and how much more money for this, i would like to ask the users to take the poll and voice there opinions and experiences.

i have seen threads on " Difference between SprintTV and MobiTV??? " ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ight=sprint+tv ) and " 700P, Sprint & Power Vision Ultimate Pack" ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ight=sprint+tv ) and a few others. searching has been a big help but i would like to here the end results. i know evdo coverage is a biggie for good results but i'm more intrested in your view on prerecorded clips, live chanels, chanel selections, ect.

i will start. i had the powervision plus plan that i got at a discount when i got my ppc6700. thay charged me $10 dollars a month which includes umlimited data, picture and video mail. and includes sprint tv. i got just the basic channels. live = abc news, fashiontv, fuse, nfl network, fox news, and video on demand = fox sports, fule tv. i called and found out that thay could change the plus plan to the ultimate plan for $2.50 more, so i did. these are just power vision plans that include sprint tv. i am happy with the additional chanels i got for just the $2.50 more but i feel it didn't take long at all to watch all the prerecorded clips. thay dont seem to be updated offten enough so now it all seams like watching re-runs. i think i'm going to take off the ultimate and go back to the plus as far as the vision pack, and get the live pack so i will have more to watch that i haven't all ready seen. right now i pay $12.50 for tv and data and will be paying $20.00. my only concern is with the difference in sprint tv live pack for $9.99 or mobi for $9.99? the mobi seams to have more chanels but i dont think there all live. i really didn't like the prerecorded clips if there not updated.

thanks and looking forward to your posts, cody
    Whe I first subscribe to the sprint plus, I thought I would get more channels than the access, but most of them are useless, (at least for me) Fuse TV? Fashion? Even with the Ultimate, many had complained that they still have to pay for some TV channels.

I hope that Sprint will allow you to submit the plan and have option to choose the channels that you want. I'm very disappointed at the plan structure that Sprint has
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I was totally underwhelmed with the channel selection with the Ultimate Pack and with Sprint TV in general, so after less than two weeks of trying it, I switched to the Access Pack. I use the web some, and Versamail daily, so the Access Pack's "good enough."
    Apple iPhone, Apple Bluetooth
    I got the ultimate. I then purchased Cartoon Network. My daughter was so excited. I gave her the phone and after a few minutes, she gave it back. For $3.95 a month, you don't really get Cartoon Network. Instead, you get short snippets from episodes of certain shows on Cartoon Network. Each clip is about one or two minutes and ends with a statement that if you want to see that whole show, go to Cartoon Network. WTF? So, its basically useless since my 5-year old wants to see a whole episode, not just 1 or 2 minute snippets from episodes. Neeless to say, I will be cancelling Cartoon Network, and may step down from the Ultimate level too.
    MadSuburbanDad
    Diary of a Mad Suburban Dad
    Selected "Best of MSN" Website
    I also was dismayed at that cartoon Network Crap. I paid $4 for a 1 minute commercial. If it had 5-10 minute episodes it would be great . But they all were 1 minute and 12 seconds . I cancelled that right away.

Overall its OK if you like News and Sports. For me the ability to watch the NFL Network or ESPN is worth it but for anything else its lame.
    I got the ultimate. I then purchased Cartoon Network. My daughter was so excited. I gave her the phone and after a few minutes, she gave it back. For $3.95 a month, you don't really get Cartoon Network. Instead, you get short snippets from episodes of certain shows on Cartoon Network. Each clip is about one or two minutes and ends with a statement that if you want to see that whole show, go to Cartoon Network. WTF? So, its basically useless since my 5-year old wants to see a whole episode, not just 1 or 2 minute snippets from episodes. Neeless to say, I will be cancelling Cartoon Network, and may step down from the Ultimate level too.
    MadSuburbanDad
    Diary of a Mad Suburban Dad
    Selected "Best of MSN" Website
    Had the Ultimate plan for 2 weeks, but just changed it back to Plus pack. Very few channels. Only a handful of live channels. The rest are only good to show off with. Its not worth even the $5 a month extra that I was paying (original $15, now $10 for plus pack - retention deal)
    Like Treoking said, it's more of a show off feature. It's "not there" yet.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I only want live news. ABC News comes with the access plan. All Sprint TV got me extra was Fox News, so I switched to MobiTv for MSNBC and CNBC.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Signed up for the Ultimate Pack and was given the first month free. Canceled after 1 day (despite having a month free), because the selection was underwhelming and the reception horrendous. Big dissapointment!
    I have to add they gave me the Ultimate for free. I am only paying $15 a month so I cant complain with something I am getting for free. Retentions is a wonderfull thing.
    Its all a waste to me. Its watered down at a price. My wife uses it more than me, and I am giving it time before she starts to wake up. All I need is the data, picture and video mail.
    at&t iPhone3G
  13.    #13  
    i cant belive no one is using the "live".
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I don't much care for SprintTV (plus pack). I really think streaming from other sites like Sky.fm or Zoovision is the way to go. In addition, I find Orb takes care of almost all my streaming needs. I look forward to installing one of the support PVR cards to I can stream real live tv to the treo.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Hi levyesq, you mentioned a similar need to me. How well does CNBC stream? Also, have you checked against cable tv to see how bad the delay is?
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing
    Had the Ultimate plan for 2 weeks, but just changed it back to Plus pack. Very few channels. Only a handful of live channels. The rest are only good to show off with. Its not worth even the $5 a month extra that I was paying (original $15, now $10 for plus pack - retention deal)
    ROFL @ your avatar!!!!
    I'm totally and comletely confused about which channels we are supposed to get with the Ultimate Pack. Different places on Sprint's website say different things and they don't seem to directly correspond to the channel lists we have on Sprint TV. One place on Sprint's website says we get Looney Tunes with the Ultimate pack but the Sprint cs reps say no and then they say sign up for it and then complain when I get the bill. WTF. What kind of thing is that to tell a customer? Acutally Orb is a pretty good antidote to Sprint TV, anyway. Not sure why I care at this point. WAAAHHHH I WANT SLINGBOX!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mansouan
    Hi levyesq, you mentioned a similar need to me. How well does CNBC stream? Also, have you checked against cable tv to see how bad the delay is?
    I haven't specifically checked CNBC, but I will tomorrow. The delay is usually about 90 seconds to three minutes. While you can read some text on news stations on the small screen, don't expect to read CNBC's stock ticker. Screenshot doesn't take pictures of moving pictures, but since MobiTV stalls regularly, maybe I can post a screenshot.
    Sprint TV times out with a silent message every five minutes. MobiTV times out with a small scroll bar every twenty minutes, but it vibrates (across my desk), so you don't have to be looking at the screen to catch it and press a key to continue streaming. MobiTV's reception and screen size is larger than Sprint TV, but it tends to stop to buffer, even on EvDo, and sometimes stalls and the program needs to be restarted. I still enjoy having it playing in the background, even with the fits and starts.
    Last edited by Levyesq; 06/18/2006 at 12:15 AM.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    couple of points.
    1) the poll is missing the "power vision pack" retention plan which is free to $5 for old grandfathered vision users and is roughly equal to the plus pack

Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    I have to add they gave me the Ultimate for free. I am only paying $15 a month so I cant complain with something I am getting for free. Retentions is a wonderfull thing.
    2) if you secured your plan from retention since they will give you the equivelent of plus for $0 to $5 this means your ultimate is not really free.

Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    I also was dismayed at that cartoon Network Crap. I paid $4 for a 1 minute commercial. If it had 5-10 minute episodes it would be great . But they all were 1 minute and 12 seconds . I cancelled that right away.
    3) this is both my wife and kid's response to the cartoons and "fashion." sprint is attemting to sell fare identical to that which is free on the net -- because they are really short commericials -- for a fee. this is not premium programing or even normal programming, it is crazy that there is any fee.
  20.    #20  
    [QUOTE=aero]couple of points.
    1) the poll is missing the "power vision pack" retention plan which is free to $5 for old grandfathered vision users and is roughly equal to the plus pack

there are 3 different power vision plans that include sprint tv. ultimate, plus, and access.

the retention plan will simply be one of these plan reguardless of the price. adding these powervision plans on a shared line also will affect the price as in my case. ( ultimate for $12.50 non retentions )

with these packs you can add a channel or the complete live pack. you cant get the live pack or mobi tv with out having some kind of power vision pack. the one change to the poll could be allowing to select the power vision pack and the the add-ons. thanks for the post, cody
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast