Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    If anyone can help with this problem I'd appreciate it greatly.

    Application: Versamail
    Device: 700p
    Server: SBS2003
    SSL: Disabled

    Error:

    While trying to wireless sync it displays "connecting" the "receiving" then displays the following error message:

    AirSAMSMEmail.c 2636 1 HTTP/1.1 500 Internal server error Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 14:47:45 GMT Server:Microsoft-IIS/6.0 MicrosoftOfficeW


    I've been searching around the net for several hours now, but can't seem to solve my problem.
  2. fxhc's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #2  
    I am having this same problem. This was the only link that google had for this error message. Thanks so much.
  3. #3  
    Has anyone figured out the resolution to this issue?
    Thank you.
  4. dbasham's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #4  
    Bump. I finally got my IT guys to fix the server certificate and now I am getting the same error as indicated below on my Treo 700P. This works fine on Chatter but Versmail seems to be a bit pickier. Any clues? Should be Exchange 2003 with SP2 and SLL is enabled.
    --Denny
  5. #5  
    Check out microsoft knowldge base article.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379

    Use method 2

    disreagrd steps 13 and 14.
  6. #6  
    I'm an exchange admin and it has taken me dozens of ms articles. I followed the one above and still didn't work. What I did was turn on forms based authentication in the Exchange Manager under HTTP properties and now it seems to magically work.
  7. #7  
    I am also trying to configure Exchange Activesync with a Treo 700P (Sprint). The communication check is successful, but when a sync is attempted, it returns the error:

    AirSAMSEmail.c 2636 1 HTTP/.e. 500 Internal Server Error Connection: Keep-Alive Content-Length:56

    I attempted to enabled forms based authentication on my Exchange Server, but that is done on the front-end ISA server, so that caused OWA to have problems, and therefore was removed.

    Ideas anyone?
  8. #8  
    mine is acting strange..also have a 700P
    problem is i have contacts that have pictures..
    once i use Exchange activesync..the pictures are erased from the contacts..

    it seems that they are being overwritten..
    is this possible??to sync contacts with pics to the Exchange server if you are using Exchange activesync..by d way im using versamail..
  9. #9  
    I just got straight installing a godaddy ssl cert after spending hours and end up with internal error. Any body figured out yet?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikas3576 View Post
    I just got straight installing a godaddy ssl cert after spending hours and end up with internal error. Any body figured out yet?
    Versamail 3.5 (and thus the 700p) does NOT support self-signed certificates:

    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001

    So you either buy dataviz roadsync/chattermail, etc., or buy and install a commercial certificate....
  11. #11  
    Using method 2 resolved

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Check out microsoft knowldge base article.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379

    Use method 2

    disreagrd steps 13 and 14.
  12. #12  
    Ours is a commercial certificate as well, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. We've also run into similar issues with Windows Mobile devices, so this is not unique to VersaMail.
  13. #13  
    Make sure your firewall port 80 is open if you disabled SSL.
  14. #14  
    I was seeing some errors today when ActiveSync had been working fine for a Treo 700p user. Last week we enabled some of Exchange 2003 SP2's Device Security Settings. Temporarily disabling them solved the synchronization. Subsequently re-enabling the settings for other users did not hurt the 700p.
  15. pmc
    pmc is offline
    pmc's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #15  
    I just want to throw in my $0.02.

    We recently put a new nic in our exchange box (we just connected it to our new SAN).

    I had followed the knowledgebase article and everything was working until we did the SAN cutover. I couldn't fiure out the problem.

    It was the new nic and it's IP address. For whatever reason the EX box was using the new IP when doing it's activsyc calls. As soon as I added that IP to the allowed list it started working great.

    Sure, sounds easy now - but the hours of research and the logs I poured over to figure it out - not as easy.

Posting Permissions