Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Is there any accessory that would allow me to play music from my 650 through a car radio? (Like the iTrip for iPods).

I frequently drive rental cars long distances, and it would be great to have this ability for those trips.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    If the car has a casset player, you can buy a cheep adapter from Radio shack, and a casset adaptor that you plug into it then into your Treo, you put the casett looking part into the caset drive and away you go
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Thanks. Sadly, rental cars mostly don't come with cassette players anymore - only CD players.
    Go to Radio Schack, I bought a $15 dongle you plug into the jack and it will broadcast to one of four FM stations. Range about 5-10 ft. It's battery powered so it won't suck the juice out of the treo
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galingula
    Go to Radio Schack, I bought a $15 dongle you plug into the jack and it will broadcast to one of four FM stations. Range about 5-10 ft. It's battery powered so it won't suck the juice out of the treo
    Perfect. Thanks.
    Can you share the product name, or a link? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I tried the Belkin TuneCast and found it had very poor performance in my vehicle and thus returned it. I then purchased an irock! 400FM from Radio Shack, they were (and still are) much cheaper on ebay, but I was going on a trip and couldn't wait. Anyway I've been very happy with my 400FM. However the 400FM is no longer in production, but you can check out their newer models on the irock! website.

But remember that you'll need a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adaptor for almost all of these solutions.

ERic
    search using "car speakers". Good info in that thread.
    Thanks!
    Check here:

http://sewelldirect.com/SearchSite.a...estrict=&next=

The Vr3 transmitters will even play MP3s from a USB thumb drive.
    I use an FM Transmitter by Monster Cable which I am very happy with. Can plug your treo into it through a 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter such as this one.

After reading horror stories about 650 headphone jacks failing and breaking from constant use (I use my phone as an MP3 player constantly) I opted instead for a GlobalSat BTH-820 headset.

With Softtick's Audio Gateway I can stream music via bluetooth to the GlobalSat headset. I have my FM transmitter plugged into the headset playing through my car's fm radio.

All works well together. Acceptable sound quality. No need to buy batteries (everythings rechargeable (in fact if I had 3 car ac outlets I could charge them all in the car.) Works for me, but expensive.