Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmo
    Has anyone tried both MobileTS and Remote Plus, or seen reviews comparing the two?

http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...&id=prod340541

http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...e&prodID=52506

I wouldn't mind using VNC but I'm already set up to TS in from outside so don't mind the charge to stick to what I'm already using.
    Wow - yet another RDP client for Palm. I've tried MobileTS and EZRemote. I'm going to try RemotePlus and will report the results. Thanks!

* UPDATE *

Ok - I briefly tested Remote Plus. This thing has got the worst Palm interface I've ever seen! First of all, once you start it up it won't let go - I couldn't get out of it until I did a soft reset. None of the navigation keys worked in the setup screens either. Once I got onto a Windows server, it worked as well as EZRemote but due to the poor Palm interface it's going into the trash.

So far, EZRemote is the best RDP client I've tried. YMMV.
    Last edited by stuartr; 06/26/2006 at 03:55 PM.
    Nice! Thanks I might just go with EZRemote then. I've currently started an argument at work over the security issues with VNC so I think I'll bow out of that particular technology for the time being...
    I tired both MobileTS and EZRemote, EZRemote is definitely easier to use and cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE
    I am using Avvenu...and I'm diggin' it.

One of the main advantages of using Avvenu is that unlike most of the other remote clients, it doesn't try to repaint the desktop or other graphics. Avvenu just gives you simple graphics and text drilldowns to your computer's folders. I can access everything on my computer and my external drives. It is exactly what I needed.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to restrict which folders Avvenu allows one to access remotely? I'd like to simply make a few of the folders in my My Documents directory available, but right now it feels like I'm exposing my every file to the world.

Avvenu's help pages weren't as helpful as I would have hoped. Or it's there and I'm an *****. Suggestions?
    I've been using PalmVNC since the day the 700p came out and I'm a big fan. The only problem is that I can't ssh tunnel my connection, which means it's insecure. Has anyone tried this before? I couldn't find much on google (and I'm too busy to write my own
    OK, sorry to be so long with the update here. Limin, the developer for EZRemote, is great! He tracked down the bug causing my crash, and updated the program. It now works wonderfully. I definitely like it better than MobileTS. There's an updated version that will be available soon that adds 5 way support for scrolling in Pan mode. Overall, I really like the navigation. Switch to full screen mode, tap where you want the focus to be, and it zooms right in. Great app.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    I've installed ezremote 1.1 on my new Palm Treo 700p, and set up a remote account on my server. I opened port 3389. I have filled in all the appropriate connection properties.

Unfortunately, when I hit connect (either 8 bit or 16 bit) my Treo instantly resets. It does not get to the point of attempting to make a connection, the reset is immediate. The device is perfectly stable otherwise. It has never reset besides when trying to run ezremote.

Anyone have a similar experience? Any ideas on software conflicts that might cause this? I emailed the developer, will let you know what they say. I guess I might try mobileTS as an alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    OK, sorry to be so long with the update here. Limin, the developer for EZRemote, is great! He tracked down the bug causing my crash, and updated the program. It now works wonderfully. I definitely like it better than MobileTS. There's an updated version that will be available soon that adds 5 way support for scrolling in Pan mode. Overall, I really like the navigation. Switch to full screen mode, tap where you want the focus to be, and it zooms right in. Great app.
    Is this update posted yet?
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Is this update posted yet?
    Limin e-mailed it to me tonight so if it isn't on the site yet it will be soon. The new version is v1.2.

I can't say enough about the great support for this program (ezRemote). I had problems connecting to some types of servers and each support requrest that I sent in was responded to right away (once at 4am!!) with an updated beta that fixed my trouble. Limin also took the time to ask for my opinion on how to handle multi-key combinations and was thoughtful enough to mail me v1.2 when it was completed, even though we haven't corresponded in weeks.

Kudos!

-darren
    thank you guys!!! I've posted the 1.2 beta, which can be download from

http://www.pdaeveryday.com/download/...e_1.2_beta.prc

If you find any problem please contact me at support at pdaeveryday dot com

Thanks
    Does Windows Terminal Services support file transfer? What about the client apps that have been mentioned in this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Does Windows Terminal Services support file transfer? What about the client apps that have been mentioned in this thread?
    The short answer is No for the ezremote. However, you may use ezremote to send files via email and receive it from your tero.

Hope it helps
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123