Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Is anyone using a remote client successfully and is on a DSL PPPoE connection? Im on dsl, with pppoe on a router using wireless on my laptop. Any one prog that may be easier, mobile TS perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen
    Is anyone using a remote client successfully and is on a DSL PPPoE connection? Im on dsl, with pppoe on a router using wireless on my laptop. Any one prog that may be easier, mobile TS perhaps?
    I'm under the same configuration, it makes no difference (I mean compared to a cable modem). Mobile TS, ezremote, vnc will all require you to forward a port from your router to your computer.

Win-hand doesn't require you to do this, but there are monthly fees (boooooo). I recommend google, there are good write-ups out there on how to do this for almost all routers.

In Short:
    • VNC: forward port 5900.
    • Terminal Services (mobileTS, RemotePlus, EzRemote): forward port 3389.

And folks, EzRemote, it's $25 dollars compared to MobileTS's $40 dollars, and it's been recently updated and far better than MobileTS.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    And folks, EzRemote, it's $25 dollars compared to MobileTS's $40 dollars, and it's been recently updated and far better than MobileTS.
    Why do you feel EzRemote it better? I haven't used it and already have MobileTS, but i would like to know why you like EzRemote more.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen
    I do. Just open up port 5900 on your router and forward the IP to the computer running the VNC server. I also use no-ip.com service so I dont have to remember my IP address all the time.

I use UltraVNC for the server with the PalmVNC client. I installed the video hook driver also it makes it MUCH faster drawing the screens on the treo.
    both ez and mobile work, many thanks guys.
    got vnc to work, excellent, should i use real, ultra, or winvnc as my server - will it cause problems if I have all of them running at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie
    I have been using VNC, but god is it slow. Now, I am using vision only so that is the reason. Does Moblie TS have better compression and maybe speed up a little bit then VNC?
    If you're planning on upgrading to a 700p sometime soon, wait until you try it out on your new device before paying for something else. The increase is speed is really nice.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    I've used MobileTS for a long time and it's cool. VNC is probably fine -- but keep in mind you have to install server-side software as well for it.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by scanRsteve
    I've used MobileTS for a long time and it's cool. VNC is probably fine -- but keep in mind you have to install server-side software as well for it.

Steve
    Server side software? You mean the piece that runs on the PC? Do other solutions not require you to do so?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    This page does not load
    _DeusI_Deus@hotmail.com
    I've installed ezremote 1.1 on my new Palm Treo 700p, and set up a remote account on my server. I opened port 3389. I have filled in all the appropriate connection properties.

Unfortunately, when I hit connect (either 8 bit or 16 bit) my Treo instantly resets. It does not get to the point of attempting to make a connection, the reset is immediate. The device is perfectly stable otherwise. It has never reset besides when trying to run ezremote.

Anyone have a similar experience? Any ideas on software conflicts that might cause this? I emailed the developer, will let you know what they say. I guess I might try mobileTS as an alternative.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Server side software? You mean the piece that runs on the PC? Do other solutions not require you to do so?
    I can't speak for the other solutions, but MobileTS does not require you to install additional software in Win2000 or Winxp Pro (because terminal service software is already built in).
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus
    This page does not load
    Try Palmgear:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=46656
    Ezremote still crashes my 700p. pdaeveryday (the developer) sent me a debug version to try, and we're working on it.

Ezremote works for everyone else who's tried it? Am I the only one?
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    Ezremote works for everyone else who's tried it? Am I the only one?
    I have a Sprint 700p, the trial is working normally on mine.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    What do people think of EZRemote?
    Thanks for that. I didn't even know there was another RDP client for Palm other than MobileTS. I tried EZRemote and found it handles desktop zooming much better than MobileTS. YMMV.
    Has anyone tried both MobileTS and Remote Plus, or seen reviews comparing the two?

http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...&id=prod340541

http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...e&prodID=52506

I wouldn't mind using VNC but I'm already set up to TS in from outside so don't mind the charge to stick to what I'm already using.
    I use both, VNC for machines that can't run RemoteDesktop. VNC is slower, but it works good, And it doesn't redo my icons on my desktop when it resizes the screen for the smaller treo.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I am using Avvenu...and I'm diggin' it.

One of the main advantages of using Avvenu is that unlike most of the other remote clients, it doesn't try to repaint the desktop or other graphics. Avvenu just gives you simple graphics and text drilldowns to your computer's folders. I can access everything on my computer and my external drives. It is exactly what I needed.

Lookie here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...61#post1032561

SMEGGIE
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast