1.    #1  
    anyone here successful?

I tried using + and 011 first (both separate) country code and then # and it does not work.

Sending from my T-mo phone works no problem.

I am on Sprint
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Not all operators are covered under Sprint plans. Check roaming partners in specific country for sprint below. You will only be able to send sms to these providers customers. Yep this kind of sucks.
    www.sprint.com/internationalroaming
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    anyone here successful?

I tried using + and 011 first (both separate) country code and then # and it does not work.

Sending from my T-mo phone works no problem.

I am on Sprint
    I haven't been able to do it since I switched to Sprint, even before getting a Treo. Didn't have any luck with my 650, haven't tried it with the 700p. I heard that something about Sprint's message format is incompatible with a lot of European providers. The people who have gotten messages from me say they're all gibberish. This was to Italy and Germany.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    It works on my wifes 650(sprint).
    She uses 011 then the country code etc. with no other symbols.
    Former Centro, Treo 700P, Treo 600, Tungsten T, M505 and PalmIII user...currently a Pre owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdrive10
    It works on my wifes 650(sprint).
    She uses 011 then the country code etc. with no other symbols.
    That's good to know. I'd hate to think it worked with my regular phones on Verizon & Cingular, and now I'm on my 2nd Sprint Treo and wouldn't have this capability.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    i txt australia everyday 011+ country code + number all together no spaces just like maxdrive says
    About a month ago I switched from T-Mobile to Sprint - I wanted the speed of EvDO network and 700p.

I can receive and send SMS messages just fine to my US contacts, not so with the international ones. I will try the the 011 suggestion. If it works I will have to redo my contact lists. With T-Mobile the following format worked just fine:

+ country code - area code - phone number

e.g.,

+44-7876-xxxxxx (U.K.)
    +33-683-xxxxxxx (France)
    +1-212-xxx-xxxx (U.S.)

Even if 011 suggestion works, why can't I receive anything from abroad? Sprint says that I have no blocks on my line.

To those using 011, do you receive messages normally? What do your contacts do on the other end to send SMS?
  8.    #8  
    I cant send to my international phone but I can to all my important friends... So looks like I got lucky.

Seems you cannot send SMS to all carriers from Sprint... Thanks for th info all!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.