1.    #1  
    I have had several people ask me "where the hell are you?" Meaning the background noise is outrageous. I took a call while sitting at my local coffee shop and the person that called me said that my new phone picks up a ton of background noise compared to my old phone. I called my home phone and left a message to see what it sounded like- when I called my message machine at home to listen to my test voice mail I heard for myself how much background noise the 700p picks up. I must say it was very noisy in the backgound and now I know how much background noise the phone picks up. Can anyone suggest a volumecare setting that helps with this issue. Thanks . Otherwise the 700p is pretty dam good.
    I have the same problem. Any help would be great
    Lower the mic levels.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    I have my MIC Volume set at 2 bars back from full. This seems to sound good, clear, and loud without over modulating or picking up too much background noise.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Lower the mic levels.
    I have the same problem of people asking me where I am because the mic is evidently too sensitve *without* VolumeCare. Is there a mic control in Prefs or Phone somewhere? I can't seem to find it.