1.    #1  
    When I try to open a document in Docs to go I get this error.

Documents to Go has detected a previous version installed.

Is there a way to delete it and reinstall Docs to go ??
    Have you installed a different version over the top of the built in version? If so is it newer than or a "higher" version or type then the built in one? I use 8.003 Premium with the PDF and I get this error if I run my app from the card. The only fix I have found is in Docs2Go copy apps back to ram open a file and then copy the apps back to the card. It should work then. But if the version you installed is older or a lesser version then the built in docs 2 go you will have to delete that version and use the built in version or upgrade to the newest or higher package. I got this error alot back when I first switch from v6 pro to version 7premium. I hope this helps some?
    700pInIt
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    VaccPalm - Did you find a fix? I am having the same problem - Program files have always been installed to RAM. Have been working with email tech support for 3 days with no fix yet.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    there's a newer version of the pdf reader on dataviz's website
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    go to data viz there is a tread and solution for this you will have to download data tech or something like that but anyway the solution is on the site
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I fixed this problem once before. The problem is that some tiny remnant of an older version of DTG is sitting on your phone and confusing DTG. (For me, it was an old trial version, so DTG was telling me the trial period had ended.) I haven't seen the solution on DataViz's site, but I'm skeptical. The guy on the phone when I called told me that it was my mistake for using the same Hot Sync ID as I used on my Treo 650. He said I should hard reset the device and give it a new hot sync ID. Of course, that would forfeit hundreds of dollars of software, the registration codes for which are all tied to my existing hot sync ID. Lunacy.

Anyway, here's what you do. First, download the DataViz Tech Tool. Run it and choose "Move Applications to Handheld." Then, choose "Uninstall Documents to Go." Don't worry. You can't hurt the DTG that came installed on the phone. It's burned into the ROM. This will just remove whatever remnants of your old version of DTG that are still hanging around.

Problem is, that doesn't usually get all the little associated DTG files. Now you have to hunt down the one or two lingering files that the Tech Tool misses. I can't remember what I did exactly, but it was a combination of the following.

1) Use the free Filez program (install it, if you haven't already) to find and delete any file in your internal memory that looks like it's associated with DTG. These are generally files where the creator is identified as DTGP or really anything that begins DT_ _.

2) If that still doesn't do it, then the problem is that there is remnant of your old DTG in either Saved Preferences or Unsaved Preferences. Those are files where Treo stores info about a lot of applications (e.g., the preferences you have set for the programs). Problem is, you can't get into those preferences files for easy editing. If the above steps haven't worked, download a program called "Uninstall." Then, following it's instructions, highlight the ROM version of DTG and tell it you want to uninstall DTG and all of its associated items (tap the garbage can icon). Again, you're not actually uninstalling DTG, since it's burned into ROM. You're just wiping clear the saved and unsaved preferences that are associated with it.

If you do all of that, you should zap every last remnant of your old DTG, so that when you open DTG again, it will treat it as the first time you've ever used the application and will start you off fresh on the installed version that came with the 700p.

Hope that helps.
    The solution you just described is what i was talking about its on the site / The dataviz tool is what was needed . thank for explaining it in detail.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card