Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    How come cool apps like Slingbox and Skype come out for WM first and not Palm OS?? I remember when...
    ROFLMAO!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Mods, please merge this thread!!!
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #23  
    It's kinda of two different topics. Just speed and the POS vs. PPC.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    Well, I got 795.30 Kbps in the mountains (Los Gatos, CA), with an external antenna. Without the antenna I got 801.60 Kbps--but the page loaded much slower. Go figure.

Fact is, I downloaded a 47 MB audio book from Audible.com in under a half-hour. That's pretty cool.

As for the antenna, it makes phone calls possible when otherwise they would not be.
    Blogging at Agabus.com

Palm V > Vx > Clie Peg T615C > T3 > Clie TH55 > T3 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p & T3
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    quote from user sndtubes in another thread
    Thanks, Dutch. I was gonna look it up again and re-quote on this thread. Just to be clear, I cut and pasted this right from 2-wire's website. As I said before, I'm more inclined to believe dslreport's score than 2wire's.

What does this test actually measure?
    This connection tests how fast your computer can load a Web page from the 2Wire Website. It does not measure the speed of your ISP connection, but rather the speed at which the page is received and appears in your browser
  6.    #26  
    I check the Actual connection on my ftp server and it downloads at very stedy 34KB/s. That's just about half of the lowest DSL service here (78KB/s). Remember this is KB/s NOT kb/s
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    I got around 480 with my Sprint 700p.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Got as high as 1.02 Mbps.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsmark
    Well, I got 795.30 Kbps in the mountains (Los Gatos, CA), with an external antenna. Without the antenna I got 801.60 Kbps--but the page loaded much slower. Go figure.

Fact is, I downloaded a 47 MB audio book from Audible.com in under a half-hour. That's pretty cool.

As for the antenna, it makes phone calls possible when otherwise they would not be.
    I am about to purchase the 700p and would like to confirm that it will play audible.com files so that I can take advantage of Audible discount. The Audible rep says that the 700p is not listed as compatible.
    Can a current owner please let me know if it plays audible files OK. What audible format (quality) can you use (3 or 4)?

Thanks!
    Audible indeed works on the 700p. Works very well. I download directly to the unit using AudibleAir, which through broadband access is stunningly fast--there's no way I could have downloaded as much as fast with my 650.

My download options are 2 and 3 through AudibleAir, and I opt for 3 (I haven't tried to download from Audible to my computer, so I'm not sure how that would work or if it would work at all--I couldn't quick install Audible files when I tried; I got a 0x4005 error message). About 7 hours of audio comes to about 48 MB at that quaility, which is pretty good, even on that cheap wire headset that comes with the Treo.

BTW, Audible came as a free trial through Verizon. I got three credits.
    Blogging at Agabus.com

Looks like 2wire is not accurate. I get 800Kbps on 2wire but 300Kbps on dslreports. The bottom line is that I can't stream a 100Kbps video w/out skipping, so dslreports is more likely accurate.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Does Anyone Read?

This Test Does Not Measure Speed.

Read This Thread And The 2wire Site.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Does Anyone Read?

This Test Does Not Measure Speed.

Read This Thread And The 2wire Site.
    I suppose that's why they call the service "Speed Meter".
    Blogging at Agabus.com

speed of page loading...NOT DOWNLOAD SPEED
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12