1.    #1  
    what does this actually do and should I check it or keep it unchecked?
    It will log on to data (EVDO/1xRTT) as soon as you turn on the radio. The default is to log on when you need data services, i.e. going to web or checking email. I autosync my email every hour starting at 7, so it logs on then. It won't matter to me.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    what does this actually do and should I check it or keep it unchecked?
    I gotta call WOW on this one. Best of luck
  4.    #4  
    will checking this option drain my battery?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    How about the setting for sending calls to voicemail when in a Power Vision session? Why would anyone want to do that?
    ^they're busy surfing/streaming. Don't want to be interrupted maybe.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Don't mind dutchtrumpet, he thinks he's too smart for a sincere question from someone new to all of this. Don't let the *ssholes get you down.

As for me, on my VZW Treo 700p, my broadband access settings are locked and don't know how to unlock them to select these options.
    Even if the EVDO connection is "locked," you should still be able to change this.

Assuming you can still get to "Network" from the "Prefs" applet or Options->System Preferences in the phone app, go there and then select Options->Preferences (Menu-R). Now you can select "Connect to the data network whenever the phone is powered on."

What it does is pretty self-explanatory.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org