Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I tried searching for an answer. I didn't find anything. Perhaps someone can either answer my question or point me in the right direction.

I've loaded Chattermail on my 700p, including all (from the instructions) files necessary to connect to an exchange server. I enterd the adress as given to me by our companies tech support (we don't use SSL). When I try to send a message I get "exch cnct" then "exch send" then the 700p re-boots. What am I doing wrong. Can someone give me chattermail 101 to get this up and running?
    Is you mailbox configured as IMAP or are you running the EX plugin? Are you running the latest beta version of Chatter?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I'm running the EX plugin. It's the latest version on their site. I believe it's 2.01.
    You might try IMAP w/ your Exchange server...works wonderfully for me.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGuy
    You might try IMAP w/ your Exchange server...works wonderfully for me.
    Tried that. Treo had to be hard reset after that. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst
    I tried searching for an answer. I didn't find anything. Perhaps someone can either answer my question or point me in the right direction.

I've loaded Chattermail on my 700p, including all (from the instructions) files necessary to connect to an exchange server. I enterd the adress as given to me by our companies tech support (we don't use SSL). When I try to send a message I get "exch cnct" then "exch send" then the 700p re-boots. What am I doing wrong. Can someone give me chattermail 101 to get this up and running?
    Hover over a message and look in the lower left part of IE - you should see the name of your mailbox - mine was different from the email address - first.last vs firstinitialLastname - we have several aliases that all go to the same mailbox so I won't miss mail sent to our old corporate email addresses. The mailbox name was also different from my login ID.

Chatter wouldn't connect properly until I fixed that - it's in the docs, but I missed it since there was a page break and lots of white space so I thought I was at the end of the docs.
    Last edited by jcoffey; 06/17/2006 at 12:04 PM.
    I'm not sure about your reset issue, but I've been using the beta rc17 now. There were some reset due to bug, but Marc is very responsive in fixing them.

You can try to post your problem in chatteremail forum at www.chatteremail.com. Making you read the manual before setting it up.

My configuration: Exhange OWA, SSL
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock