1.    #1  
    So I'm having a little problem with a feature on the Palm, that of the time zone being incorrect in my calendar.

Basically, if I go to Prefs | Date&Time and have both "get date & time from network" and "get time zone from network" checked, Calendar thinks I'm in the central time zone. (I'm in Mountain) So everything's one hour off.

If I uncheck "get time zone from network" and select a Mountain time zone city, it seems to work okay in Calendar. The events are now correct. This is fine except for two problems.

First, I will be traveling so it'd be nice to know that the times are correct wherever I happen to be. Maybe that'd be okay, but the second problem is a little worse. Every once in awhile the system resets the time zone to Central time without the "get time zone" option checked! That seems like a bug to me.

Anyone else see anything like this? Verizon assures me that the timezone being transmitted from their towers is correct.

Thanks,
    ~Moose
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemoose
    So I'm having a little problem with a feature on the Palm, that of the time zone being incorrect in my calendar.

Basically, if I go to Prefs | Date&Time and have both "get date & time from network" and "get time zone from network" checked, Calendar thinks I'm in the central time zone. (I'm in Mountain) So everything's one hour off.

If I uncheck "get time zone from network" and select a Mountain time zone city, it seems to work okay in Calendar. The events are now correct. This is fine except for two problems.

First, I will be traveling so it'd be nice to know that the times are correct wherever I happen to be. Maybe that'd be okay, but the second problem is a little worse. Every once in awhile the system resets the time zone to Central time without the "get time zone" option checked! That seems like a bug to me.

Anyone else see anything like this? Verizon assures me that the timezone being transmitted from their towers is correct.

Thanks,
    ~Moose
    Yup - same thing here on Sprint.

I'm on Mountain, but the "Network Timezone" set my "World Clock" time to Central. Also, I had to change "Eastern" to "Chile" in order to be correct.

This is a big problem, but I don't know if it is the Treo or the Network.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Rage
    Yup - same thing here on Sprint.

I'm on Mountain, but the "Network Timezone" set my "World Clock" time to Central. Also, I had to change "Eastern" to "Chile" in order to be correct.

This is a big problem, but I don't know if it is the Treo or the Network.
    Well, glad to know I'm not alone! (misery loves company )

I could live with it not getting the timezone automatically, but it resetting the timezone to Central all by itself is a little more than annoying...

~Moose
    Is it possible this is happening because you live in the "Bermuda Triangle" of timezones, "Mountain"? That timezone is weird, and frightens me. I have always said so.
    Last edited by DrDoom; 06/17/2006 at 04:22 PM.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  5.    #5  
    I "fixed" the problem by turning off any and all references to getting the timezone from either the network, or the server. Now it's just coming across as whatever time I entered it and have my local timezone set to Mountain, as weird as that may be... (insert Twilight Zone music here...)

~Moose
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Bump for any update on this....

My time gets set to Chicago in the middle of the night (I am Eastern, not Central). My alarm goes off an hour late.

I force my 700p to an Eastern city but some how it keeps going back to Chicago. This is beyond annoying.