Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I remember when having the Palm OS ment you can get the latest and greatest software first. All the software programs only are making for Windows Mobile and are only "Thinking" about making stuff for Palm later. Since when is Palm the second OS to get programs leased to?

Here is a very short list
    Limewire

...I know there are many others.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    logmein

winmobile torrent
    1 | 2
  3.    #3  
    I'm not sure if it's the OS or the Treo but I get about 600kbps from the PPC 6700 from DSL reports and only about 220KBps on the Treo 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2
    I'm not sure if it's the OS or the Treo but I get about 600kbps from the PPC 6700 from DSL reports and only about 220KBps on the Treo 700P.
    I'm not convinved DSL reports isn't hitting a Blazer bug with regards to page reloading and their timing.

I've seen the same thing as you using DSLreports, but if I try the speed test at http://www.2wire.com, for example, I get vastly different (and virtually identical) results.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by scanRsteve
    I'm not convinved DSL reports isn't hitting a Blazer bug with regards to page reloading and their timing.

I've seen the same thing as you using DSLreports, but if I try the speed test at http://www.2wire.com, for example, I get vastly different (and virtually identical) results.

Steve
    I just tested my speed on 2 Wire and got 843kbps the first time and 825.90kbps the second. I'm in downtown Chicago with a full signal.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i just tested at 955.50 kbps the first time and 829.30 the second time on 2wire.com i'm in santa monica with a full signal
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Just got 692 on 2wire and 230 on dslreports
    wow, this thread got hijacked pretty quick.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    I just tested my speed on 2 Wire and got 843kbps the first time and 825.90kbps the second. I'm in downtown Chicago with a full signal.

Hey I'm moving to Chicago in August to attend law school. Do you know how Verizon is out there? I'm currently in the Bay Area, and EVDO and just regular voice is great out here. Any thoughts?
    One thing that I noticed when testing my Treo on dslreports - if I emptied my cache in blazer, my download times increased by at least 2 x. Not sure if that will apply to anyone else, but I also had a Verizon rep try it on their test phone and got similar results. When I had a cache of 3.5 MB in size, I was getting between 100-150 kbps. After emptying the cache I ran it multiple times and got between 330 - 500kbps. I called Verizon and asked what the optimal size for cache was - they were no help. I have sinced checked the box - empty cache on exit. This slows up when I go to another app (in the transition), but it improves the browser experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    Hey I'm moving to Chicago in August to attend law school. Do you know how Verizon is out there? I'm currently in the Bay Area, and EVDO and just regular voice is great out here. Any thoughts?
    Consumer Reports ranked them 2nd in the Chicago area in customer satisfaction, right behind US Cellular.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

just got 786 on 2wire
    940 on 2wire in Washington, DC with full signal...
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I got 866.20 with 2wire in Boston.
    I have an idea...why don't we start a "What's your download speed?" thread, and maybe people will talk about why new prgrams are coming out on WM, but not Palm.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16.    #16  
    Great Idea.
    How about 320X320 resolution, I am sure it came out on wm first too.

No wait..
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2
    I remember when having the Palm OS ment you can get the latest and greatest software first. All the software programs only are making for Windows Mobile and are only "Thinking" about making stuff for Palm later. Since when is Palm the second OS to get programs leased to?

Here is a very short list
    Limewire

...I know there are many others.
    Well for Slingbox, I can understand that, because most WM devices can stream multimedia natively. The 700p is the first Palm device AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $to$ $natively$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $stream$ $stuff$. $It$ $would$ $only$ $make$ $more$ $sense$ $to$ $first$ $appeal$ $to$ $the$ $larger$ $market$ $than$ $the$ $smaller$ $one$.

As for Skype and Limewire, considering that these programs are already on the windows platform, then my guess would be that it's easier to port software from Windows XP/ME/98, etc to WM5, than it is to PalmOS. OR maybe, it's POS's inability to multitask in the way WM5 does. Or perhaps WM is more popular (or is getting more popular) than PalmOS *ducks from flying rocks*

To me, PalmOS is loosing it's momentum as far as cool new apps go, but then again, i don't really keep up PPC or POS apps that much, so I wouldn't really know...

How about 320X320 resolution
    What exactly is your point with this statement? There's a difference between companies choosing to make an app for a platform, and the hardware and software engineers choosing what resolution to use on a screen...it's not like a programmer could all of a sudden just transform the 700w's screen res into 320x320.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    How about 320X320 resolution, I am sure it came out on wm first too.

No wait..
    You're talking strictly phones, right? Since there have been several 640x480 WM PDA's for years now.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You're talking strictly phones, right? Since there have been several 640x480 WM PDA's for years now.
    And I'm pretty sure there are some VGA WM phones too...look at the iMate JasJar for example...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast