Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Looks like his show is available online now. Could someone with an account try it:

http://www.howardstern.com/archive.hs?h=827
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    No can do, see the Sirius thread.
    Who needs Howard when you have O&A? (which you can stream to Treo!)

I used to listen to Howard a lot, but do a lot less now. It's just not as entertaining.

O&A is usually very very funny, with many laugh out loud moments. Much better. Give it a week and you'll rarely go back.

Ramone, get me my MiniXM!
  4.    #4  
    I have O&A on Audible. I still want to try Stern on Sirius. Anyone know the answer to this one?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    No can do, see the Sirius thread.
    Oh, didn't see this post for some reason.
  6.    #6  
    Gotta hand it to O&A. They make their stuff available on any format you want. Free radio, XM, Audible, Internet. I have a new oven in my kitchen. I think O&A come in through that.
    Ramone, stick that hooker's head in the oven!
    I tried to run it via your link. I was able to log in. When you get to the page where the "radio" GUI is, nothing shows up, so I was unable to choose the HOWARD 100 station.
    I guess you could try http://emulamer.com/SiriuCE.html It appears you need to do a little install... Not sure if it will work on PalmOS, but TCPMP seems to be supported..

MiniXM all the way.....that's what I say...
    O&A sucks HOward is GOD!!
    Agreed. It is the difference between listening to the Beatles and the Monkees -- the first changed the world while the second was no more than a calculated rip-off.

Stern rules.
    All these Howard fans dissing O&A....have you ever even listened?

I used to think Howard was great, but over the years he is not as funny. This is just a fact. Artie Lang is the only saving grace.

O&A is consistently more funny, and pushes the edge.

Listen and you will see.

Also, O&A embraces the web and all sorts of media channels.

Howard only recently has done this, and poorly.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    archived shows of stern (usually of the previous week's show) are on shoutcast. do a search.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    Gotta hand it to O&A. They make their stuff available on any format you want. Free radio, XM, Audible, Internet. I have a new oven in my kitchen. I think O&A come in through that.
    <Sternfan> yeah, because they weren't making it on XM alone. But, they are very successful now and will get the LA and Chicago markets in the next several months because those that replaced Stern in those markets couldn't swim like DLR failed in NYC. So congrats to them. But it is pretty amazing the growth of Sirius probably due to Stern.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    All these Howard fans dissing O&A....have you ever even listened?

I used to think Howard was great, but over the years he is not as funny. This is just a fact. Artie Lang is the only saving grace.

O&A is consistently more funny, and pushes the edge.

Listen and you will see.

Also, O&A embraces the web and all sorts of media channels.

Howard only recently has done this, and poorly.
    How did Howard do it poorly? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I used to think Howard was great, but over the years he is not as funny. This is just a fact.
    Funny, like beauty, is a question of taste and not fact. Grammar, on the other hand....
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackS4
    How did Howard do it poorly? Just curious.
    Poorly is the wrong word; late would be better. O&A is more interactive.

Howard was very late in the web-enabling of his show and distribution of content.

Today, I can stream XM to my Treo, but not Sirius.

But the bottom line is content - O&A is consistently funnier than Howard - all you have to do is listen for a while. You also need to be a little smarter to pick up all the references they make, which are funny as eff. Howard is still okay, but has been superceeded in the LOL quotient.
    I haven't tried it on my treo 700p (yet).... But on the desktop you CAN now stream Howard 100 and Howard 101.

You need to enter your sirius username and password. Then it works fine
    I've got to hand it to the O&A fans.. they are devoted and they spread the word. I listen to both Howard and O&A.. which leads me to my next question: Does anyone know if you can download usenet binaries via the 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by FCCesq
    I've got to hand it to the O&A fans.. they are devoted and they spread the word. I listen to both Howard and O&A.. which leads me to my next question: Does anyone know if you can download usenet binaries via the 700p?
    That's how I listen to stern. www.easynews.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast