Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    My 700p worked great for a few days.

I called my wife from out of town and dropped the call after about 2 minutes. Called her back and dropped the call after about 3 minutes. This persisted so that I had to call her back 9 times to complete a conversation.

Signal strength was at 5 bars. Battery was almost fully charged. No message saying signal faded or anything like that. It simply acted as if I hung up the phone.

It's been doing this ever since. The phone just hangs itself up when it feels like it.

Sprint took me through a hard reset which did not help.

The 2nd tier Vision Support took me through a different procedure that goes beyond the hard reset and actually takes you back to when the phone was 1st shipped before any programming at all. That also didn't help. They concluded I had a defective 700p.

Palm technical concluded the same thing and sent me a new phone which I switched over last night. Tried to use it this morning and the problem is still there.

What are the odds that I have a 2nd defective 700p? Or is this a Sprint problem? Can anyone help?
    Do you have a skin case on it? How do you hold the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree
    The 2nd tier Vision Support took me through a different procedure that goes beyond the hard reset and actually takes you back to when the phone was 1st shipped before any programming at all. That also didn't help. They concluded I had a defective 700p.
    What was the procedure to restore it back to factory settings?
    Make sure your on-screen dial pad is locked (System, Prefs, Keyguard, Disable Touchscreen) when you're on a call.

I had this problem when I got my first Treo and I would accidentally disconnect calls when I put it up to my ear and the on screen Hang Up Call button would get pressed.

I have both disable touchscreen when "Incoming calls received" and "On a call"
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Do you have a skin case on it? How do you hold the phone?
    No, I have an enovo case. But it's happened with and without case, with and without bluetooth, incoming and outgoing.

Sorry, I can't remember but it was some kind of ## code on the dial pad. They said it goes beyond the hard reset and takes the phone back to factory settings.

JesseJstreet, I know what your saying but it happens on bt and on speaker when I'm not touching the phone.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Just got off with Palm's "supposed" 2nd tier support (in the Phillipines) and we went back to factory settings and attempted 3 calls. All three hung themselves up at: call 1 at 3min 36 sec, call 2 at 8min 2 sec, and call 3 at 4min 2 sec.

He said I must have a 2nd consecutive defective phone and there is no complaint in their database that matches mine.

I was directed to call their corporate number (408 617 7000) and have them send me a 3rd 700p

This is excrutiating

been on hold for 39minutes using my wife's BLADE which never drops a call

53 minutes

Now 1 hour and 44 minutes on hold!
    Last edited by slthree; 06/16/2006 at 01:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    If you have the phones MSL code, the procedure from the dial pad would be...
    1) ##786#
    2) MENU>RESET
    3) Enter the MSL code.

This is effectively a zero out reset. The will wipe all your data, as well as your programmed phone number and MSID. I did this before sending my 700p back to Palm.
    Last edited by cgordonn; 06/16/2006 at 01:14 PM.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    If you have the phones MSL code, the procedure from the dial pad would be ##MSL#. You can then do a MENU>RESET , which is effectively a zero out reset. The will wipe all your data, as well as your programmed phone number and MSID. I did this before sending my 700p back to Palm.
    there is no option for menu then reset once you enter the msl code. could you more specific/detailed?
    there is no option for menu then reset once you enter the msl code. could you more specific/detailed?
    Sorry, I brain farted. I have corrected my previous post. The method works on both the 650 and 700p.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Sorry, I brain farted. I have corrected my previous post. The method works on both the 650 and 700p.
    Thanks, it worked!
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Now on hold with Palm for 2 hrs 6 minutes! Can I hate them now?
    Hang up and call them back, there's no point in being on hold for over 20 minutes IMO..
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    make that 2 hrs and 37 minutes
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    Hang up and call them back, there's no point in being on hold for over 20 minutes IMO..
    I agree with you my friend. that is the same advice I would give another in my situation.

Problem is I was on hold with them for 46 minutes the 1st time I called. I am up against it and have no other options.

By the way, I learned that when you call Palm for sales or customer service you get one of many call centers. The last call center I spoke to was in melbourne, fl. The one before that was in the Phillipines

I knew the tech line was routed to the Phillipines but I didn't know that sales and customer service is also manned by call centers.

Do they even have a corporate office? And are there any people there? The number is a California number:
    (408) 617-7000
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    OK, I finally hung up after 3 hrs and 16 minutes. I'm back to nothing, two defective 700's (so they say). Before they send me another I will have to send them my defective ones but I'm going out of town and won't be here to receive it. Palm won't ship to any address other than the original shipping addres. Yes, you heard that right.

I was in Miami last week and asked them to ship my replacement 700 to me there. First rep said it could not be done. Called back and the 2nd rep said it could not be done but changed his mind and took my address there and promised to ship it. It ended up arriving at my house in orlando, not Miami (as promised). Called back and talked to a supervisor (Carly) who said there was no record it was to be delivered to any address other than my original shipping address. I told her to pull the record and check the recording of the call and she would see that the rep (Don, a real a-hole) had promised delivery to Miami. She quickly refunded me 54.99 (10% off original purchase price).

That brings me back to why I have to call the corporate office. They say that only the corporate office can approve sending me a new phone immediately without sending the other 2 back first.

This is exhausting, frustrating, and demoralizing.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Is there any chance that this problem is related to the fact that I did not formally sign up for a "power vision" plan?

I simply did an ESN switch and kept my plan which is a PCS Free and Clear Plan.
    Have you tried using the headset to see if that makes a difference?
    My 700p worked great for a few days.

I called my wife from out of town and dropped the call after about 2 minutes. Called her back and dropped the call after about 3 minutes. This persisted so that I had to call her back 9 times to complete a conversation.

Signal strength was at 5 bars. Battery was almost fully charged. No message saying signal faded or anything like that. It simply acted as if I hung up the phone.

It's been doing this ever since. The phone just hangs itself up when it feels like it.

Sprint took me through a hard reset which did not help.

Palm technical concluded the same thing and sent me a new phone which I switched over last night. Tried to use it this morning and the problem is still there.

What are the odds that I have a 2nd defective 700p? Or is this a Sprint problem? Can anyone help?
    What did they do to put you in a factory shipping of the phone mode. I am just curious as to how they did that?
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_monkey
    Have you tried using the headset to see if that makes a difference?
    Yes, tried both BT and wired and neither made a difference. Just keeps hanging itself up.
    Bring it to a sprint store. See what they say.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast