Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Could anyone please tell me where I get the Java for my 700P?
    I'm late to the party, but I can bring this:

You don't need to replace the "normal" fonts in Blazer. You can replace the "small" fonts instead. This means that the standard user interface retains its Palm look, but the web page display shows your custom fonts. It also means you can display italics.

Switch to the "small" view in Blazer. Then, with FontHackV (I'm not sure how it's done with other programs), make the following substitutions:

Source font ID 128: Your custom font
    Source font ID 131: Your custom bold font
    Source font ID 134: Your custom italic font

The other various font IDs (128-139, or thereabouts) control the medium and large fonts.

The above substitutions also work for VersaMail. (And yes, they all work very well with FontSmoother.)
    Quote Originally Posted by calroth View Post

You don't need to replace the "normal" fonts in Blazer. You can replace the "small" fonts instead. This means that the standard user interface retains its Palm look, but the web page display shows your custom fonts. It also means you can display italics.

Switch to the "small" view in Blazer. Then, with FontHackV (I'm not sure how it's done with other programs), make the following substitutions:

The other various font IDs (128-139, or thereabouts) control the medium and large fonts.

The above substitutions also work for VersaMail. (And yes, they all work very well with FontSmoother.)
    Sounds a bit complicated but it might be worth the effort. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by calroth View Post

Just a note for other Palm TX users if they happen across this (as I did)... setting the custom italic font appears to cause a "crash on exit" bug in Blazer (never tried VersaMail). It did for me, at any rate.

Other than that, this works beautifully, and I am thus now obligated to love you all forever.

(EDIT: Er, spoke too soon. The italics have nothing to do with it. BUT, if you put your fonts of choice on a SD card and make sure FontHackV is pointing at them for Blazer... then you (appear to) have joy. Huzzah!)
    Last edited by Viqsi; 10/05/2006 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Like I said, spoke too soon.
    For the record, the Vista font that someone has posted as Calibri is really Candara.
    Ok ... I'm an ***** (on my best day <grin>)
    I downloaded Font Smoother and YAHM. Font Smoother doesn't show up in my YAHM list (only TakePhone) and Blazer doesn't show up in my Font Smoother list. (attached screen shots)

These electronic devices drive me nutz - but I love em!! Think I'll end the year the same way I'll start next year. I'm buyin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    Ok ... I'm an ***** (on my best day <grin>)
    I downloaded Font Smoother and YAHM. Font Smoother doesn't show up in my YAHM list (only TakePhone) and Blazer doesn't show up in my Font Smoother list. (attached screen shots)

These electronic devices drive me nutz - but I love em!! Think I'll end the year the same way I'll start next year. I'm buyin.
    You might try the newest full version of FontSmoother (ver 4.02 I think). It doesn't use YAHM anymore, it launches like any other application. Also, within FontSmoother, Blazer is called "Web".

On another note, why do you have to I500 hack for TAKEphONE?
    okay ... I now see that YAHM isn't required with the latest FS (2.04)
    Blazer=Web (told ya I was an ***** - but I'm still buyin)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    On another note, why do you have to I500 hack for TAKEphONE?
    Heck of a good question hoovs. Don't have an answer. I d/l'd and installed FS and YAHM. Ran YAHM and the screen shot that I uploaded showed up.

No idea.
    I like the way Utopia 18 looks for my main font, but I believe there must be something that matches the metrics of the original system font better.

What font(s) exactly match the original system font? If people could post some, that would be great. I'm sure that many of us would like these fonts.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I use a 15 or 16 or 17 sized font typically for system fonts. The 17 is a little big, causing thisngs to appear a little off. I am away from my puter, but if you look at the thread regarding today screens in the Palm OS forum, there are some there as attachments.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    The number seems to be relative to the font you are using. Some 17s are bigger, some are smaller.

Which specific ones do you use? Can you post them?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I will when I get to my home pc. It will be in the a.m. if ya PM me I can send ya a zip. I can't attach from the Treo..........
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    gijohn how's the weather? I am freezing here.........
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    Heck of a good question hoovs. Don't have an answer. I d/l'd and installed FS and YAHM. Ran YAHM and the screen shot that I uploaded showed up.

No idea.
    I don't think its doing anything.
    Is anyone else seeing fugliness on the selected icon in the Launcher when using anything other than the system font? Looks like inverted antialiasing or something similar. Doesn't seem to matter what font or color scheme I use.
    Why do we need YAHM? I installed FontSmoother without it, and everything seems to be working.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Why do we need YAHM? I installed FontSmoother without it, and everything seems to be working.
    As of version 2.0, YAHM isn't needed.
    I see. Thanx
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789