Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Hi Pruss,

Will the new 1.76 version work on websites such as the 2 links below, whereby the colors are white, black, and yellow? I visit the below site often (www.dpreview.com), but the site comes out poorly on my 700p. Hopefully the new 1.76 version will work better. Thanks! Casey

Click below for test examples:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1000

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=18899566
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I checked the first page, and I think it looks pretty good (I'm using the test3 version, which I think is the same as the release version.)
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Yes, it should work. it goes into light color mode when the text color is <50% dark.
    Great stuff Alex. I'm anxious to give this a try.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Pruss
    PalGear shows fontsmoother special for $9.95, when checking out it shows $12 ?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb
    Pruss
    PalGear shows fontsmoother special for $9.95, when checking out it shows $12 ?
    Ask palmgear's support. The special was supposed to start July 1. Curiously, when I added it to the cart, it showed up as $9.95.
    I just installed the update. Great improvement Alex!
    Do I need to install the "...ib F5..." file that's created along with the "...F5..." prc? TIA
    I'm actually not sure. Those are the bold/italic versions. I'm guessing that if FontSmoother creates them, we ought to be installing them (to get bold/italic support). Alex?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pin0y_bear
    Do I need to install the "...ib F5..." file that's created along with the "...F5..." prc? TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I'm actually not sure. Those are the bold/italic versions. I'm guessing that if FontSmoother creates them, we ought to be installing them (to get bold/italic support).
    I had that same question which is why I put that info in my step-by-step guide in post #43. Or it's in the FontSmoother manual: "some packages labeled 'ib' where italics are used instead of the bold font--this spruces up the look of menus."

The "ib" .prc's are optional. You can choose them if you want italics instead of bold.
    I'm surprised that no one here has recommended using the Verdana font, which is perhaps the most readable computer screen font ever created. It's widely used on the web, even here on treocentral. Try it in Blazer and you will love it. It is much more readable than Tahoma, Arial and even Calibri IMHO.
    BTW, I am using Verdana 10pt in Blazer and it is awesome
    actually verdana 11pt bold/italics is awesome even as a default font for the entire treo!
    Yes - use the verdana 11 pt bold/italics - it is very good and better than tahoma 8 pt and much more readable - totally agree !!
    How do I delete the tahoma font from the treo ? I have filez installed.
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by irabren
    Yes - use the verdana 11 pt bold/italics - it is very good and better than tahoma 8 pt and much more readable - totally agree !!
    How do I delete the tahoma font from the treo ? I have filez installed.
    Can someone please post the verdana fonts.
    My favorite font is still Handera 18 bold (comes with Fonts4OS5). This is a nice dark font that is small (a little bigger than Tahoma 8) but totally readable and much darker. I use it as my system wide font and with blazer.
    Has anyone noticed a slight slowdown of blazer and opera mini with font smoother and YAMH installed ? I have.
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    I want to post the vendana fonts that are on my desktop - but don't know how to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by irabren
    Has anyone noticed a slight slowdown of blazer and opera mini with font smoother and YAMH installed ? I have.
    I haven't noticed it.
    Can anyone tell me how to post the vedana fonts on my desktop into this forum thread ??
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast