Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    can someone please convert and post cosmic font
    Treoing & Loving it
    also could someone post the fontsmoother.prc I don't have access to a pc to get the whole app.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    My step-by-step guide to installing FontSmoother package and fonts for Blazer.
    1. Download YAHM - Yet Another Hack Manager
      Perform a Hotsync.
    2. Download FontSmoother from PalmGear
      http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=90288
    3. Run the FontSmoother175Setup.exe on computer.
      • Follow the prompts to do a Full install.
      • On the "PDA hotsync of FontSmoother" pop-up uncheck "Install YAHM 2.3.6" since you've
        already installed a newer version.
      • Uncheck the "Choose pre-built fonts to hotsync".
      • Do check the "Make FontSmoother font from Windows font".
      • Click Finish. Program is now installed on computer.

4. Make Fonts
      • Palm QuickInstall should add FontSmoother.prc automatically from the installer.
      • c:\Program Files\FontSmoother\Install FontSmoother Font.exe should run allowing you to select the Tahoma font and which size. To get 7pt font I had to type it manually as it was not available in the pulldown menu.
      • Two Tahoma_fonts.prc files should then be automatically added to Palm Quick Install.

5. Perform a HotSync to install FontSmoother Hack and the font files.
    6. Setup FontSmoother
      • Run YAHM.
      • Look in the 'A' profile and check the box next to FontSmoother.
      • Tap the "+" icon on the right side of the FontSmoother line.
      • Mode should be set to "FontSmoother manages".
      • Tap "defaults for all applications".
      • Uncheck "App. active".
      • Scroll down to the app named "Web" and tap it.
      • Check "App. active"
      • Select the font you want from the pull down list of fonts.
      • Tap "Done".

7. Launch Blazer. You should immediately notice small fonts for things like "Connecting to Vision" and "Redrawing...". If your Blazer-->Menu-->Options-->Font setting was "Large" you should see the new Tahoma 7pt font being used inside the web pages. If your Font setting was "Small" you'll still see the standard Small font, change the setting to "Large".

You should now be set to surf with more data visible on each screen!

• To convert and HotSync more fonts you can manually run c:\ProgramFiles\FontSmoother\Install FontSmoother Font.exe
      Excerpt the FontSmoother manual:
      You can very easily generate FontSmoother font packages out of Windows fonts (e.g., Times New Roman and Trebuchet MS look very good) by double-clicking on the "Quick Make Font" program in the FontSmoother shareware distribution after unzipping the distribution. Then, select a base font (note that the font style is ignored), and font packages will be automatically be generated in the FontSmoother_fonts, eReaderPro_fonts (FontHack 123 style) and Mobipocket_fonts directories. These will, among other things, include some packages labeled "ib" where italics are used instead of the bold font--this spruces up the look of menus.

Attached is an example of The Houston Chronicle mobile front page with:
    • Default Large font
    • Default Small font
    • Tahoma 8pt font
    • Tahoma 7pt font

http://tinyurl.com/gsxsp

Hope this helps some people.

ERic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ERicJ; 06/18/2006 at 11:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    could someone post the fontsmoother.prc
    Here ya go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Attached is an example of The Houston Chronicle mobile front page with:
    • Default Large font
    • Default Small font
    • Tahoma 8pt font
    • Tahoma 7pt font
    Hope this helps some people.
    Thank you so much, great job, I can see why people like this now.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Guys,

It took me awhile to figure out how to actually register my FontSmoother program, which is different than normal. Here's instructions on how to register and unlock your FontSmoother program from "Trial" to "Full". I got these instructions from an email from Palmgear.com:

In order to register (unlock) FontSmoother, you need to go to Palmgear.com and login to your account at: http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=account.login

Go to account login and enter your email address and password

Go to Order History, Review Your Orders, then click on Download for FontSmoother

This brings up a new window page, and at bottom of page, click on on the link to download onto your desktop a small app called “”Font Smoother_Registration”

After downloading this, then hotsynch the "Font Smoother_Registration" app to your Treo 700p which will then unlock FontSmoother within YAHM (Yet Another Hack Manager). When you click on the + sign within YAHM, you will see FontSmoother change from “Trial” to “Full” and a message thanks you for registering program.

I thought I'd post this instruction in case others were as confused as I was about how to unlock/register FontSmoother. Good luck!

Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    For anyone who wants to try the two Calibri fonts I referred to earlier, you can get them here:
    http://www.hipnetic.com/geek/
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    This is really one of the most useful threads I've read here in a long time. Both FontSmoother and PalmRevolt are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmeister
    As someone who's crossed the 40 barrier, my eyes aren't as good as the rest of you young whippersnappers, so after trying the 7 and 8 point Tahoma, have settled on Ultima 15 (px, I believe) for Blazer and Ultima 18 as default (this was suggested by the author). The Ultima font is very readable and classy-looking. Thanks much for the recommendation!

Rick
    Where do you get this Ultima font? I don't have that one.
    I cannot find Ultima font either. Also, the link for the Calibri font doesn't seem to work for me.

What is PalmRevolt? Is this related to FontSmoother?

Lastly, I installed the newest version of YAHM. I previously had the older version that came with FontSmoother. I don't really see any difference between the old and new versions.

Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Wow. Not only Blazer, how about Chatteremail, or my corporate email (mNotes)? This make the Treo much more usable.

Tahoma 7 or 8 pt rocks.

Jeff
    Great tips in here. FontSmoother is terrific. I don't know how I'd missed it all this time. I especially like the ability to use different font sizes in different applications, like Blazer and FileZ, where smaller can be better. You can also buy straight from the developer:
    http://www.zlthemes.com/ProductDetailListing.php?PID=79

Thanks for posting the Calibri fonts; the 16pt is easy on my (also 40+) eyes.

I also hadn't tried new skins like PalmRevolt before. Very cool. They have screenshots on their website that show the different color and buttons that you can get. I've been trying out SkinUI, which is a few bucks cheaper and, according to their website, is about to get a major new upgrade in a few weeks -- just within the trial period of the current version, conveniently enough.
    come on guys its a piece of cake, could you please post rockwell font in prc format to use with font somoother (different sizes) please.
    Treoing & Loving it
    tried it, played with it for 20 min or so, and its not for me...

I think skweezer is a better option for me...
    Thanks EricJ. This is great!
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Rockwell fonts in even sizes, 8-16.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thank you
    Treoing & Loving it
    holy crap, you thought blazer was awesome with fontsmoother and small fonts, wait until you try opera mini with fontsmoother and small fonts. it does css fast with antialiasing against colored backgrounds correctly, and if you give the java vm 8 megs, everything loads on one page...good stuff. much, much faster than blazer with css and images, too.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevyn
    holy crap, you thought blazer was awesome with fontsmoother and small fonts, wait until you try opera mini with fontsmoother and small fonts. it does css fast with antialiasing against colored backgrounds correctly, and if you give the java vm 8 megs, everything loads on one page...good stuff. much, much faster than blazer with css and images, too.
    Agreed. Opera is hard to beat when you set it up with the small fonts. It's also a lot more stable on the 700p. Used to crash my 650 ALL the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by trevyn
    wait until you try opera mini with fontsmoother and small fonts.
    yippitty yowza! I ignored this until I read about it working within Opera. Holy wow, Tahoma 8pt.. fantasticle stuff:

http://tinyurl.com/zzpy3

I also like the Rockwell 8pt, which is a little larger, but with it I can perfectly fit 12 results per page with RottenTomatoMeter which is pretty sweet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Can someone please post the tahoma 7 and 8 prc files here. Thanks in advance.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast