Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Awesome! Can't wait to try it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Can I install FontSmoother directly from my 700p as an email attachment (zip file), or do I need to install through a desktop computer only?

Also, does FontSmoother know to go directly into YetAnotherHackManager? Or do I need to somehow do that manually?

Thanks!
    Casey
    You can install just the fontsmoother PRC. However, you'll find it doesn't show up in your list of programs. After installing the YAHM prc, then you can configure fontsmoother. Lastly, you need to install fonts.
    Wow, this works really well!
    Now if it would only remember passwords instead of clearing them after each use...
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Sorry for the newbie question, but how do I find the fonts I need to convert? I looked on my computer under: C:\Window\fonts and the closest I found was Tahoma (TrueType). Is there somewhere I can look for the Tahoma OpenType 7 & 8 pt?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by domer
    Sorry for the newbie question, but how do I find the fonts I need to convert? I looked on my computer under: C:\Window\fonts and the closest I found was Tahoma (TrueType). Is there somewhere I can look for the Tahoma OpenType 7 & 8 pt?

Thanks!
    If you downloaded and installed fontsmoother on your computer then this is how you do it.

Goto programs>fontsmoother>fontsmoother files(should be the only folder listed)>double click quick font exe.

Once that is open then all you have to do is choose which font and size you want to convert.
    Wow, I finally figured out how to install this app on my 700p. The new smaller font works so well that I am now surfing the full version of TreoCentral's forum on my 700p instead of the downsized PDA friendly version. I am posting this reply using my 700p, and it's so cool to be able to see everyone's picture avatars render properly on my 700p including animated GIF avatars too such as my own avatar.

This is really good stuff. Fortunately I have good 20/20 eyesight to be able to see this tiny 7 point font the original poster suggested!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip, everything works great! I may have to try the 8 pt font though, I don't know how much my eyes can take of the 7pt! Looks really nice though
    Wanted to like this...but I HATED IT!!!! Maybe I'm to f$%king old.
    Uninstalled everything and lost 2% somewhere in the process!!
    Quote Originally Posted by domer
    Thanks for the tip, everything works great! I may have to try the 8 pt font though, I don't know how much my eyes can take of the 7pt! Looks really nice though
    I agree, the 8 point Tahoma font is positively easier on the eyes for me too!

I clicked on the "Install FontSmoother Font" folder on my desktop PC, and chose Tahoma 8 point regular font, which then got installed to the Palm Install tool, and I was then able to hotsynch this new font size to my 700p. I then went to YAHM and chose "Web" and selected the new Tahoma 8 point font. Works great!!
    Casey
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Patience With my ignorance with all this please.but I really want to do this! I need to do all this from my Treo for now.(long story!)
    Downloaded Yahm thing.
    Downloaded font smoother prc
    It is listed on Yahm.
    Kind of stuck after that......
    Unless I downloaded incorrectly (i.e.:the 'configure' does not act when tapped)...... I cannot locate on Yahm where the usable fonts are.
    A step-by-step from this point would be greatly appreciated.
    Tim
    Go and click on yahm.
    Click on the + located at the right of font smoother.
    Under "font" chose the font you want.
    I don't think I've tried Tahoma, so maybe I'll try that one out. I use the Windows Vista Calibri font with FontSmoother. I use the 16pt size as a system-wide replacement and the 12pt size for Blazer.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    hey!
    when I tap + and tap it says system..... when tapped it still remains 'system'!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockky
    Patience With my ignorance with all this please.but I really want to do this! I need to do all this from my Treo for now.(long story!)
    Downloaded Yahm thing.
    Downloaded font smoother prc
    It is listed on Yahm.
    Kind of stuck after that......
    Unless I downloaded incorrectly (i.e.:the 'configure' does not act when tapped)...... I cannot locate on Yahm where the usable fonts are.
    A step-by-step from this point would be greatly appreciated.
    Tim

You need to download some fonts that are converted for fontsmoother.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    So far Tahoma 13pt is my favorite systemwide font replace and Tahoma 8pt for Blazer.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    hi
    where did you download those Tahoma fonts?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    Not really interested in going through the trouble of finding a good screenshot app. Anyone know a good freeware one?
    I use Snap:
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=64207
    It saves screenshots as .bmp to your SD card.
    Just trialed and then bought FontSmoother. Really makes the Treo much more readable. As someone who's crossed the 40 barrier, my eyes aren't as good as the rest of you young whippersnappers, so after trying the 7 and 8 point Tahoma, have settled on Ultima 15 (px, I believe) for Blazer and Ultima 18 as default (this was suggested by the author). The Ultima font is very readable and classy-looking. Thanks much for the recommendation!

Rick
    I just paid for FontSmoother as I'm really satisfied with the results!

Does anyone find the Arial font to be similar to Tahoma? which do you like better and why?

I experimented with some various fonts, and the ones I didn't like, I used FileZ to delete the unwanted fonts.
    Casey
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast