Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Was on the phone with sprint over an hour today because they billed me 100 dollars for text messaging and i am only 9 days into my cycle went to customer service and they credited me the 100 dollars plus gave me month free and put me on unlimited for 15 dollars but i can see this getting ugly when they start to receive the phone calls after having free sms on the 650

Fred
    If you had free SMS on the 650 and they took it away with the 700p, you need to fight them to get it back....you didn't get a deal here, everybody gets the first month free, then unlimited text messaging for $15. It doesn't make sense for them to take away your free text messages just because you got adifferent phone.
    I agree. I can see paying a "little" extra for the Power Vision, but you shouldn't have to pay $400 to upgrade your handset + pay out the wazoo in service charges. Why wld anyone upgrade?? Glad I didn't....i was afraid of all the "sweet" deals people were getting. I suspect SPCS will screw up many accounts....i'll just wait until the dust settles a bit.
    It seems like sprint is raising the prices on the add on services...
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

When I got my 700p, I asked the Sprint rep "If I just upgrade my Vision to Power Vision, would that affect anything else on my plan?" And he said "No, the only thing that'll change is that I'll have Power Vision. Everything else stays the same." Two weeks later, I found out I lost my grandfathered text messages that I had with my 600 and 650.

So I called the Sprint rep and asked "What gives?" And the rep said Power Vision is different from regular Vision so that affected my unlimited text messaging. I tried to fight it, but the rep wouldn't budge. So I went ahead and got the 500 text messages for $8.

I'll probably call again this weekend and see if I can get my unlimited text messaging back.
    I would call them back. Retention gave me free unlimited SMS when I *****ed about losing it. It shows up as an $8 charge for unlimited SMS and then an $8 service credit.
    Ditto on that. It does feel like they've thrown this charge in to jack up the fees. I called them back up this week to say I was disappointed about it. They asked if I'd sign another 2 year agreement - which I'd just signed a couple weeks ago anyway. He offerred me unlimited for free and I told him that I was very grateful.
    Blackberry 957 -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    There must be packs of drooling lawyers out there waiting for the class action on this.

Charging for outgoing sms is one thing, bit incoming is bs....it's not a phone call where you have the choice of answering the call. So it someone sms-bombs ya, you are footing a bit bill.
    I laugh at all the people thinking that anytime they don't get their way on ANYTHING they are going to file a lcass action suit. Seriously get a life and quit thinking the only thing important in life is calling a lawyer. What an inmature comment. The only thing that happens in those is the lawyers getting rich. Congress passed laws 2 years ago making it nearly impossible to win them for the consumer. But if you have nothing else to do with your time and you think waiting 18 months for resolve (if ever) then you just go right ahead and sue sue sue till your hearts content. I can't wait till Sprints attorney asks you to testify that Sprint gave you a receipt for the free text service or if you just assumed you were getting a $629 phone at $399 and were so excited at the deal you blindly agreed to whatever. YOU HAVE NO PROOF so how can you testify to anything? But you do what you want it won't be me who looks foolish.

Do you not realize Sprint is in business to make money?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I laugh at all the people thinking that anytime they don't get their way on ANYTHING they are going to file a lcass action suit. Seriously get a life and quit thinking the only thing important in life is calling a lawyer. What an inmature comment. The only thing that happens in those is the lawyers getting rich. Congress passed laws 2 years ago making it nearly impossible to win them for the consumer. But if you have nothing else to do with your time and you think waiting 18 months for resolve (if ever) then you just go right ahead and sue sue sue till your hearts content. I can't wait till Sprints attorney asks you to testify that Sprint gave you a receipt for the free text service or if you just assumed you were getting a $629 phone at $399 and were so excited at the deal you blindly agreed to whatever. YOU HAVE NO PROOF so how can you testify to anything? But you do what you want it won't be me who looks foolish.

Do you not realize Sprint is in business to make money?

I think you need to switch to decaf!
    I was given free unlimited text messages very easily from retention. My old vision plan had 100 included but power vision doesn't, all i did was mention it and she gave me free unlimited.
    When I upgraded, I was very clear that i didn't want to pay more for the service I already had (with the exception of $5/mo more for Power Vision). From what i can tell looking at my account online, I was successful. I did have to mention the price Verizon was offering on their 700p, however...
    Just called up Retentions and they gave me back my free unlimited text messaging. Life is good again.
    Sprint promised NOT to take away my unlimted text messaging with my upgrade but they went ahead and did it anyway. When I called to complain about the $123.00 extra in text messages, they said there was no way they could give me unlimited texts for only $5. I said that was fine, just give me my money back on the phone and switch me back to the 650. Amazingly, they found a way to reduce the texts back to $5 again. :-)
    gharrod,

I would normally agree with you on the lawyer/class action stuff.

I am not advocating it. I am just saying Sprint's action is inviting it.

This happened with another telco a few years ago (Cingular?)
    I've saying this for years, if Sprint continues to charge eveyone a different price for the same services things could get ugly for them. I would think someday someone will claim it was discrimination; either racial, sexual, religious, or even age. I personally didn't get much from retention when I had to change around my plan last month. I think it's because I'm a fat, white, male, that wears glasses, has 5 kids, and doesn't spell well. Where's my lawyer?
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by leardvr
    I've saying this for years, if Sprint continues to charge eveyone a different price for the same services things could get ugly for them. I would think someday someone will claim it was discrimination; either racial, sexual, religious, or even age. I personally didn't get much from retention when I had to change around my plan last month. I think it's because I'm a fat, white, male, that wears glasses, has 5 kids, and doesn't spell well. Where's my lawyer?

Did you tell them all that before you asked for freebies? I don't see how you can get racial, religious, or age discrimination....sexual, maybe....but the main discriminating factors with retentions are how long you've had your account, how many lines you have, and how much your monthly bill is.....I don't think any of the factors you mentioned are considered when a rep thinks about whether they can give you free SMS or not :-\
    KRamsauer I too was told I would be able to carry over my unlimited text messages with the new phone at no charge and would only pay $5 more for power vision. I checked plan on phone today and casual sms text messaging showed for the first time and I was 13 over my limit. When I called customer service I was told new phone couldn't do wireless web messages and I would be charged for the casual text msgs. After waiting to be transferred to another rep I was told they could offer me unlimited msgs at $8 or 500 for $5 - I kept asking why three previous reps would have told me no charge and now there was a charge and all he could do was apologize. After asking to speak with his supervisor and waiting on hold again I finally got a better answer. They couldn't offer me free msging because of the price I was paying for my minutes but they did find a way to credit $10 toward the power vision plan - so I'm paying $8 for unlimited texts and $10 for power vision instead of $20 - a savings of $2 .
    Quote Originally Posted by zeke
    KRamsauer I too was told I would be able to carry over my unlimited text messages with the new phone at no charge and would only pay $5 more for power vision. I checked plan on phone today and casual sms text messaging showed for the first time and I was 13 over my limit.
    Where do you check this on the website? I can't find it all of a sudden.
    I checked it from the phone - Power Vision Sprint website from bookmarks. 0 for My Account then 2 for current usage and 4 was new for me with casual sms text messaging.

Also shows on website when you log in under current usage to the right of the picture of the phone.

Can't wait to get my bill to see how screwed up things are!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast