1.    #1  
    Mapopolis Navigator is now updated for the 700p. Also, anyone who uses the NavCard setup can contact Mapopolis support for the latest version for the 700p. Special thanks to Lamar at Mapopolis for his work on making this happen!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    How well does the navcard run on the 700p?
  3.    #3  
    I personally use navigator as I have yet to require GPS and maps of the entire USA. When the 700p first came out Mapopolis Navigator ran so slow that there would be 4-6 second lags while running the program. Now there is a longish startup (5-8 seconds) but performance is much snappier than on the 650 once the software loads.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    I concur. Mapopolis is working great now with the latest update. I think the navcard is the way to go. I use navigator and I am happy with it, but the navcard is a better solution. I was afraid to go the navcard route with my 600 because of the limited memory of the 600. Navcard requires 16M free memory to work. Lamar said that was a conservative estimate, but it was too close to call for spending $119. The navigator maps are fine if you manage them correctly IMHO.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I just put the navcard contents on my 4 gig card and the updated reader. It works well, but I can't terminate the application unless I remove the card and reinsert it. Have you been able to stop the application?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctoss
    I just put the navcard contents on my 4 gig card and the updated reader. It works well, but I can't terminate the application unless I remove the card and reinsert it. Have you been able to stop the application?
    I haven't used navcard but with navigator the 4 hard buttons are used to change the view of the map. With the "home" key being a hard button you have to press "option+home" to exit. Unfortunately McPhling will not work to exit mapopolis to another program, but it has been this way for a while. Hope this helps.
    I am using navigator 2.35. My home key exits navigator without hitting any button first.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin0306
    I am using navigator 2.35. My home key exits navigator without hitting any button first.
    On a 700p? It worked that way on my 650, but with the home key on the 700p being a "hard key" I don't have that functionality. The hard keys on mine change views. Specifically, the home key reduces map detail so only major roads are visible. I like this functionality a lot.
    The home keys exits for me as well with navigator 2.35... The only hard keys that do anything are the left two, to zoom in and out...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7
    The home keys exits for me as well with navigator 2.35... The only hard keys that do anything are the left two, to zoom in and out...
    How odd. Hard keys #3/4 increase/decrease detail for me. Did this on my 650 also.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Thanks. Option + home key exits. No other hard keys work with the option button. The only other hard key that works is key 2 that zooms. I have rmapped my hard keys with ludusP, so I wonder if that is the reason. I may experiment