1.    #1  
    Searched and asked around the forums without finding anyone else with this problem. Overall I love the 700p, but I notice that while on a call the screen does not fully dim like it did with the 650. It will dim one shade darker than normal (which is hardly anything at all). Thought this may have been an isolated problem, but I went to the Sprint and made a call with there demo which did the same thing. I have tried changing all of the screen setting with no luck. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  2.    #2  
    Guess I got the 'ONE & ONLY' 700p with this problem. DAMN!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I think the dimming during a phone call is the same as pressing option+menu.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I'm having the same problem. Haven't found a way around it yet.
    By fully dim, do you mean turn off? The 700p's screen is not supposed to turn off during calls, Palm designed it that way for whatever reason.
    I agree with the OP. On the 650, it went almost if not completely off, but all you had to do was press a button or move an arrow and it came back on. For long calls this really saves on battery power. Treoguard is useless with the 700p so I took it off; it doesn't operate like it did on the 650.
    It will only dim one shade darker, but never shut off on the 700P. Only thing I changed is the time before it dims a shade during a call. There are some different things about the 700 were just going to have to eat, unless they come up with more stupid apps to accomodate things that are WTF...I tend to adapt and go on.
    at&t iPhone3G
  8.    #8  
    At least I'm not the only one who has this ISSUE! They really need to fix this with a patch or something, my battery drain is killing me!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    At least I'm not the only one who has this ISSUE! They really need to fix this with a patch or something, my battery drain is killing me!
    In the video I saw where some Palm rep mentioned that the screen doesn't turn off, he claimed that it didn't affect the battery life very much, although I'm not sure what advantage there is to leaving the screen dimmed as opposed to completely off.
    No, your definitely not the only one...a friend of mine called and had the same problem. It does seem to put the drain on the batteries. I am thinking of an extended battery soon.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    In the video I saw where some Palm rep mentioned that the screen doesn't turn off, he claimed that it didn't affect the battery life very much, although I'm not sure what advantage there is to leaving the screen dimmed as opposed to completely off.
    someone is telling a big lie there.
    battery drain is the issue. I really need a car charger and an extended battery.
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
    if it's going to a long call, you can always manually press "shift P" and adjust lighting that way
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
    i use the little app Sandman, and it completely turns the screen off you can map your side button to it, to turn on the screen just press a hard button
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    i use the little app Sandman, and it completely turns the screen off you can map your side button to it, to turn on the screen just press a hard button
    I remember this app from the 600 days. It works on the 700p?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by oski
    if it's going to a long call, you can always manually press "shift P" and adjust lighting that way
    It should do this for you like it does on the 650.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I remember this app from the 600 days. It works on the 700p?
    yes it does im currently using it
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    yes it does im currently using it
    Thanks Rick. I will find and install it right now.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Sandman does not work on my Sprint 700p. It did nothing for me. When I tapped on the Sandman icon, it simply blanked out my Treo screen for a second. I deleted this.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Here is the .prc for anybody that wants to use it, im using it on my 700p and works perfectly, i got it mapped to my side button to completely shut off the screen and keyboard, to wake up just use any hard button .

enjoy,
    Rick
    Attached Files Attached Files
    it mostly works for me. screen goes blank. most buttons seem to be "disabled". however, the 4 hard buttons (phone, calendar, mail, home) do wake it up. also, if you accidentially bump the red button, it still kills the call.

i really wish i could figure out a way to enable keyguard while on a call. Is there a way to do that and I'm just missing it?