Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Man, I was hoping that upgrading would put an end to all of my Bluetooth worries but this seems like a lost cause. I'm using a Jabra BT500 which is even on the supported list so there isn't any excuse for this not working perfectly. Anybody else seeing these issues?

Here are my issues:
    1. If I use my BT headset than go back to a plugged in headset or use the handset for the next call the volume control locks up! The phone feature works fine but I'm unable to adjust the volume as it should. I've tried this with two 700p's (yes, I bought two for myself and my wife) and both exhibit this behavior.
    2. Static is still prevalent, albeit at a reduced level from the 650. I was hoping range would be much better but after 4-5 feet, I can hear the warbling.
    3. Inconsistent answer and hang up behavior is still being exhibited. If I answer the call from the headset it will answer it 9 out of 10 times but its that 1 time in ten that causes me to get the phone out and talk into it.

So I guess I'm back to the wired headset and turning Bluetooth off. Bummer.

Anybody else seeing these issues?
    The only problem I exhibit with my Plantronics 740 is your #3...or similar to it. My BT connection drops from time to time and, when it does, I have to re-connect or pick up the phone. Almost everyone has reported this same problem regardless of BT device, so I expect Palm must be aware of it by now. At least with the 740, it emits a tone when the connection is dropped, so I can try and reset it prior to a call coming in.
    I have the Jabra BT500 paired with the 700P and experience the static you describe in #2. It is quite annoying. For the life of me I can't figure out why Palm hasn't fixed this yet. Had same problem with the 650.
    Can't disagree more with you guys. Out of the box being the first production run this has to be the most rock solid bluetooh phone I have owned bar none..
    Quote Originally Posted by gobigblue
    Can't disagree more with you guys. Out of the box being the first production run this has to be the most rock solid bluetooh phone I have owned bar none..
    What BT headset do you have? I've tried 2 that were supposed to be great and have had nothing but problems. The Plantronics 640 I have now won't stay paired even when it's sitting literally one inch from the phone.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Hmmm, I wonder why some of you haven't experienced the #1 problem listed. Would anyone try this with their Bluetooth headset and see if they have problems adjusting the volume?

I'm beginning to wonder if I have an app conflicting in some way.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Most of the time my bt works flawlessly as far as static goes. Crystal clear and connects immediately, even before the call connects. That never happened on my 650

A few times I've had an issue with getting the icon to turn into the headset. I've had to reset the phone or change batteries.

In case folks didn't know, the phone automatically disables the bt connection when the battery gets drained down to a certain level.
    I have a Jabra BT250v and have been very pleased with the performance on the 700p vs my 650. I have used the headset more in 2 weeks than I ever did with the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree
    Most of the time my bt works flawlessly as far as static goes. Crystal clear and connects immediately, even before the call connects. That never happened on my 650

A few times I've had an issue with getting the icon to turn into the headset. I've had to reset the phone or change batteries.

In case folks didn't know, the phone automatically disables the bt connection when the battery gets drained down to a certain level.
    Which headset do you have?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    How come noone with these "flawless bluetooth" stories wants to post what headset theyre using?
    Some of you have to realize that static isn't always because of the phone, sometimes it's the headset. I had a Jabra BT250V with my A900 and the static and range was ridiculous, it went back the same day. However, My Nokia HS-26W and Plantronics Voyager 510 don't have such static problems. With BT headsets, you just gotta keep trying and trying until you find one that works perfect.

As for the other problems, that's probably the Treo.
    I second the question that thomas asked - How come those of you that have "flawless bluetooth" don't post what headset you are using? That is very odd. So slthree, gobigblue - what's your story? Circpro, thanks for including what headset you are using.

On a different note, I used the Jabra BT500 with the Motorola Q that I was evaluating. Had no static at all on the Q with this headset. That tells me this is a Treo issue not a headset issue. Very disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    How come noone with these "flawless bluetooth" stories wants to post what headset theyre using?
    They are probably using it on a 650.
    Dont realize this is a 700p specific problem.

Anyway, for e'body's benefit, please post details: what BT headset and what problems.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft
    I second the question that thomas asked - How come those of you that have "flawless bluetooth" don't post what headset you are using? That is very odd.
    Are you guys serious? Did you even try to look in the Bluetooth Forum on this website? There are pages and pages of people reporting their success and failure with BT headsets on the 700p:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=115805

And that's just one thread, not to mention all the others in 700p forum. You don't expect people to repost 146 posts worth of info, do you? Because THAT would be very odd.....
    Yes, we are serious. If you post a reply in a thread and say 'mine works great', you ought to at least have the courtesy to say what 'mine is'. The Jabra is on the list of approved headsets and doesn't function very well. There are mixed reviews on this board on this headset, so the discussion continues.
    My Bluetooth with the Acura/Honda Johnson car system works flawlessly for me.

The Bluetooth with the SONY HBH Vi35 also works flawlessly.

And I agree, this is the most rock solid bluetooth yet.... It connects QUICK and stays solid.

I don't know about Jabra and the rest... Sony Erricson always is my favorite.. the i735 is the one that goes in your ear without any clips and other annoyances...
    Myself and three of my coworkers, who I persuaded to buy a JX-10 for their new 700p phones, are having zero problems with this headset. Other folks on this board have had the same success.

Up to this point, it appears folks that have encountered problems with this combo have either a defective headset or phone (including myself, with defective BT on my 700p, which I promptly returned and got another), or haven't fully charged the JX-10 before pairing.

So I don't consider it a "mixed" success for the JX-10... rather it works flawlessly (yes, I said flawlessly) for folks. And for those unlucky few, I believe its a QA issue of certain phones coming out of Palm.
    I have Jabra 500. When it is connected I get no static and a good solid connection. 2 issues I am having that no one seems to address her eon this forum:
    1. Turbo battery drain. Once paired and functioning I get about 8 hours of standby before the low battery gives way. I have fully charged the headset and I know I should be getting 3 days out of it with my usage (I had it for 3 months with my Treo 650)

2. When I charge it up, I shut the headset off. I then have to delete the headset from Bluetooth list, reset Treo and re-pair them to get them to work. Otherwise I get a light blue headset icon on the top of the screen and calls are not routed to the headset. I can initiate calls from the headset by holing the call button down (last call redial) but I must use the Treo to talk. No sound in or out of the headset. The reset/delete/repair trick gets me up and running normally.

SO when its working, it works well. No static, good range (about 10-12 feet clear line of sight) and good audio quality.

Has no one else experienced this turbo battery drain?!? I posted this in another thread but got no response
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    My JX10 connects perfectly everytime. I can hear well with it in most all conditions. The only problem I am having with it is some static when I put in on my side in the case. I have had people complain about me cutting in and out. if I take it off my belt and hold it up closer to me everything is fine. I traded out the headset but the second one does the same thing. This may happen only in retail stores that is where I have had the problems. My Plantronic 510 was clear everywhere I used it. Anyone else have this static on the JX10?
    Quote Originally Posted by circpro
    I have a Jabra BT250v and have been very pleased with the performance on the 700p vs my 650. I have used the headset more in 2 weeks than I ever did with the 650.
    My Jabra BT250 that came with my 650 also works perfect on the 700, connects instantly every time, MUCH better than the 650 which took 3-5 seconds to connect.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast