Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree
    OK, I may have been a little defensive and harsh but did not like the statement by the poster who calls himself Justleft:

He/she questioned why we weren't posting our headsets. It struck me as combative, like he/she was calling us liars because of that omission, but maybe it wasn't meant that way. I hadn't had my fill of coffee for the day I guess.

I did state clearly what headset I was using in another thread almost exactly like this one so I just figured that most people had read it.

I should have stated mine again.
    Nope, wasn't meant to be combative and was not calling anyone a liar. I was stunned at some of the replies, so I just decided to let things cool down for a few days. Was my failed attempt at humor. No offense meant to anyone.

On a different note, my frustration with bluetooth on the 700P has ebbed. I returned the Jabra BT500 to Verizon. It was having a ton of static issues. The Verizon rep convinced me to try the Jabra BT350. I was skeptical, but I did based on his recommendation. What a difference! Very clear, no static, good volume. I am told I sound a little distant on the other end, but nothing that I can't deal with.

I own a Sony HBH660. Had charged it up and got it to pair with the phone. It worked fine for about 2 minutes where it went DOA. Can't even turn it on, so guessing there is an issue with the battery.

I also have a Motorola HS850 which works without dropping calls, but it is plagued with the static issue. So that is used as a backup in case the Jabra fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft
    I own a Sony HBH660. Had charged it up and got it to pair with the phone. It worked fine for about 2 minutes where it went DOA. Can't even turn it on, so guessing there is an issue with the battery.

I also have a Motorola HS850 which works without dropping calls, but it is plagued with the static issue. So that is used as a backup in case the Jabra fails.
    If the HBH-660 is still under warranty you may want to call Sony up and see if you can send it in. Before my HBH-600 I had an HBH-60. After a couple of months I had some battery issues. I called Sony up and to my surprise (I was just expecting a replacement with the same thing) they offered to replace it with the HBH-600 which had just come out at the time. Sent it back to them and a couple of days later they sent me a new HBH-600; downside, I think I did have to pay for shipping it to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    They are probably using it on a 650.
    Dont realize this is a 700p specific problem.

Anyway, for e'body's benefit, please post details: what BT headset and what problems.
    The problems with the 700p BT and the 650 are pretty much the same. Understandable that this is a 700p thread, but sadly enough, if the same BT was used for both phones, the results would be nearly the same.

This is my BT experince on the 650, and yet others who used the exact same untis claim flawless peformance.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    MUCH better BT experience for me on 700. Seems like there is some variability, though, as evidenced by the long BT thread that justleft pointed to.

The differences for me are substantial:
    1) better range
    2) less static
    3) unlike 650, no connectivity issues at all

The connection issues for 650 were multiple: Sometimes it didn't pickup a call. Sometimes it never paired. It would disconnect after the call. With the 700, the little headset logo comes on with the opening of the HS850 and stays on until it's closed. No more frantically jabbing or opening/closing headset to get the thing paired when a call comes in. I was probably batting about 50% with good connections with incoming calls on the 650.

I have no idea what hardware/software improvements Palm made nor why these tweaks dont' impact on other headsets but I'm very happy with the change for the 850. (Maybe everyone else was enjoying the benefits before with the 650).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123