Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft
    Yes, we are serious. If you post a reply in a thread and say 'mine works great', you ought to at least have the courtesy to say what 'mine is'. The Jabra is on the list of approved headsets and doesn't function very well. There are mixed reviews on this board on this headset, so the discussion continues.
    Oh I see......it's a question of courtesy. We were being DISCOURTEOUS to you. You obviously don't believe that anyone is not having trouble with their headset with your use of "flawless bluetooth" in quotes and then you call people odd for not reposting what you were you too lazy to look up, and you say WE'RE being discourteous??

I find it amazing about what people feel they are entitled to on this board, what they are OWED by others. I know for a fact that Headcase has posted his successful JX-10 results in at least two others threads, as have I. And when this thread is moved (and it will be) to the Bluetooth forum, maybe you'll have a chance to think about how you asked for information while you're there:

How come noone with these "flawless bluetooth" stories wants to post what headset theyre using?
    I am using the discovery 645 and have had no problems at all. nobody everknows that i am on a headset and i can hear them more clear with the headset then i can if i hold the phone up to my ear.
    My Palm Wireless Headset (the one that says Treo on it) works perfectly with the 700p, but would never stay connected with the 650. The 700p BT also works perfectly with my Infiniti.
    No problems with my Jabra JX10 here. I had major static with this headset and slow answer times on my T650 using it, but it now works flawlessly on my 700P. Super fast answer times and I can move about 10-15 feet from the phone with very little static as long as the phone is in view.

As mentioned in OTHER bluetooth threads, changing the Bluetooth status to always "Visible" further improved performance.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Noob question, when I try to pair my A900 with my Treo 700p they both ask for the others pass key. I can't find it. tech support has no clue even tier two. Any help will greatly be appreciated.
    "So, Bond, how did the new smartphone work out?"

"Fine, Q. It has excellent aerodynamic properties."

"I'm sorry?"

"I tossed it at a Russian agent, stunning her. Then I took her Treo 700p."
    Quote Originally Posted by Depicted1
    Noob question, when I try to pair my A900 with my Treo 700p they both ask for the others pass key. I can't find it. tech support has no clue even tier two. Any help will greatly be appreciated.
    Most, if not all, bluetooth devices I've paired with my 650 and 700 use "0000" (four zeros) as the pass key. Otherwise the code would be in the manual.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Lol...

Unless the device has a specific pass key (in the case of a BT headset), you can just make up your own passkey whenever you're pairing two devices together. Just put in 555 or whatever you like as the passkey on both phones, and they'll pair up just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Oh I see......it's a question of courtesy. We were being DISCOURTEOUS to you. You obviously don't believe that anyone is not having trouble with their headset with your use of "flawless bluetooth" in quotes and then you call people odd for not reposting what you were you too lazy to look up, and you say WE'RE being discourteous??

I find it amazing about what people feel they are entitled to on this board, what they are OWED by others. I know for a fact that Headcase has posted his successful JX-10 results in at least two others threads, as have I. And when this thread is moved (and it will be) to the Bluetooth forum, maybe you'll have a chance to think about how you asked for information while you're there:
    Why don't you get on a pulpit and preach somewhere else. You seem to be the only one with problem in this thread.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Why don't you get on a pulpit and preach somewhere else. You seem to be the only one with problem in this thread.
    Apology accepted.....
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I am amused by the ignorance of people who feel because I failed to mention my brand of headset that my assertion of "flawless" bluetooth functionality is somewhat less than believable.

It may be that the people who question me are chronic liars and they somehow feel others must be liars as well. Perhaps that makes them feel better. Sorry to be contrary but I post my experiences exactly as they are. I derive no joy from making things up.

In previous posts I have CLEARY identified my headset as the Palm brand for which I paid 59.95 A little research and you would have uncovered that.

But thank you for exposing yourselves as jerks.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree
    I am amused by the ignorance of people who feel because I failed to mention my brand of headset that my assertion of "flawless" bluetooth functionality is somewhat less than believable.

It may be that the people who question me are chronic liars and they somehow feel others must be liars as well. Perhaps that makes them feel better. Sorry to be contrary but I post my experiences exactly as they are. I derive no joy from making things up.

In previous posts I have CLEARY identified my headset as the Palm brand for which I paid 59.95 A little research and you would have uncovered that.

Oops......I guess I'm not the only one after all, Justleft.
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree

I don't see a previous post in this thread where you mentioned you were using the Treo brand BT headset.

Were we expected to search all threads where you posted to determine what headset you were referrig to?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    Most, if not all, bluetooth devices I've paired with my 650 and 700 use "0000" (four zeros) as the pass key. Otherwise the code would be in the manual.
    thanks I'll definetly try that!
    "So, Bond, how did the new smartphone work out?"

"Fine, Q. It has excellent aerodynamic properties."

"I'm sorry?"

"I tossed it at a Russian agent, stunning her. Then I took her Treo 700p."
    I guess not. I have reread my original post and just am amazed that one person thinks I called them a liar, and you seem to be taking pleasure in their anger. So to be clear, I am not calling anyone a liar. Period. sorry you took it that way.

Second, I didn't start this thread, so please give me a break on why this should/should not be in a different thread. Wasn't my doing.

Third, my initial post was made in humor, but was obviously not taken that way. Based on the anger in these replies - that is obvious. Wish I could start over on that one.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Thanks for that last post, Justleft. No worries.....all is good as far as I'm concerned, and I didn't get that your comment was supposed to be humorous.
    I had purchased a Motorola H700 - it paired perfectly and switched to the call well - BUT it also seemed to have the static you have mentioned - I think that is BT 1.2!

I shipped it back and orderded the jx10 - we'll see!!!!

davidnotdave
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I don't see a previous post in this thread where you mentioned you were using the Treo brand BT headset.

Were we expected to search all threads where you posted to determine what headset you were referrig to?
    OK, I may have been a little defensive and harsh but did not like the statement by the poster who calls himself Justleft:

Originally Posted by justleft
    How come noone with these "flawless bluetooth" stories wants to post what headset theyre using?
    He/she questioned why we weren't posting our headsets. It struck me as combative, like he/she was calling us liars because of that omission, but maybe it wasn't meant that way. I hadn't had my fill of coffee for the day I guess.

I did state clearly what headset I was using in another thread almost exactly like this one so I just figured that most people had read it.

I should have stated mine again.
    I have a Sony Ericsson HBH-600 (which is an "older" headset now) so I was expecting a lot of problems, but I can say that so far I've gotten the best performance out of it yet with the 700p. Much better than the Motorola v600 I was pairing it with before. I was able to walk about 20ft away with little or no breakup of sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari
    I have a Sony Ericsson HBH-600 (which is an "older" headset now) so I was expecting a lot of problems, but I can say that so far I've gotten the best performance out of it yet with the 700p. Much better than the Motorola v600 I was pairing it with before. I was able to walk about 20ft away with little or no breakup of sound.
    Yeah my 660 worked great for 2 days and then it got really funky- lost pairing all the time, hung up calls, etc. Garbage BT on the 700!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    I bought a Motorola H700. I love it's pairing. I open up the headset and am able to redial last call with no problem. It works well when the 700p is at my side, but if I walk more than 5 ft away, I get a lot of static. It I walk a few more feet I loose the signal altogether. I'm going to take a day or so to think it over, but it may be going back.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast